The Department of Mathematics is happy to offer two different math tutoring labs as a free service to students enrolled at UWEC.
For Math 10, 20, and 50 students: The Mathematics Tutoring Hub (MTH)
Hours for Fall 2023:
- Monday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Tuesday 9 a.m.-noon; 2-8 p.m.
- Wednesday 9 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Thursday 9:30 a.m.-noon; 2-3:30 p.m.; 4:30-8 p.m.
- Friday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
The MTH opens the second week of the semester and closes the last day of classes each semester.
The MTH in Hibbard 218 is a free tutoring lab specifically for Math 10, 20, and 50 students, staffed with professors and tutors who are available to work with you to better understand the material you are working on. We highly encourage students to come to the MTH to work on your assignments, ask questions, and prepare for assessments. Students enrolled in Math 10 or Math 20 are required to spend a minimum of 60 minutes in the MTH each week in addition to attending class.
What to expect when you come to the MTH:
- Use your Blugold ID to swipe in at the card reader ( you will need to swipe your ID as you leave, too). Don't have your Blugold ID, or lost it? Make sure you get on at Blugold Card Services in the Davies Student Center, Room 110.
- Find a space to work by yourself or with others. Whenever you have a question, raiser your hand or go up to the front tutor table and ask for help. Tutors wear nametags so you can identify who they are.
- There are computers ready for you to use in the room, or you can bring your own to work on assignments. Or, if you just have questions for a tutor, no computer is needed at all.
If you have any questions about the Math Tutoring Hub, please contact Katrina Rothrock at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment in the MTH
Interested in working as a tutor in the MTH? Contact Katrina Rothrock at email@example.com to schedule an informational interview.
The Math Lab
The Math Lab is a walk-in tutoring service that is available beginning the second week of the semester and is located in Centennial Hall room 2208, inside the Student Success Center. It is managed by the Department of Mathematics.
Most of the tutors are students who have taken Calculus and are currently taking higher-level mathematics courses. The Math Lab provides assistance to students who have questions on details of their homework or who need clarification of concepts that they are learning in their mathematics courses. Every tutor can provide assistance for Math 108, 109, 111, 112, 113, 114. In addition, some of the tutors can also offer assistance for Math 104, 215, and 246; inquire in the Math Lab for times when help is available for these last three courses.
The Math Lab is able to offer both in person and virtual tutoring this semester. Please click on the link below to see the available times and locations where the tutoring sessions are offered.
For updated hours and information on the Math Lab please use the following link: https://people.uwec.edu/swansoac/MathLabInfo.html
If you have any questions about the Math Lab, please contact Andy Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment in the Math Lab
If you have successfully completed at least Math 114 and are interested in working in the Math Lab as a tutor, you can find the application form on Blugold Insider. Click on the button below and go to the Math Student Center page for the form.