The Materials Science and Engineering Center provides regional companies with analytical testing, research and development support, and training opportunities. Our dedicated personnel and diverse instrumentation allow us to quickly address your failure analysis, quality assurance, or product development needs, specializing in the areas of:
- Microscopy and Imaging
- Elemental and Chemical Analysis
- Physical and Mechanical Properties
Our tools are available for use by your trained staff or our Ph.D. level scientists, who are available year-round. Partners interested in student researchers may connect with our talented majors, who are sought after candidates for internship and co-op experiences.
Experts at your service
Our faculty and staff have years of experience helping companies large and small. We have completed nearly 200 projects for private sector partners since our formation in 2004. We are frequently tasked with investigations relating to:
- Materials Characterization
- Custom Method Development
- Cooperative R&D Support
- Alloy Identification
- Failure Analysis
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC)
- Distinguishing Product in Market Segment
- Confirmation of Material Certifications
- Comparison of Different Cost Basis Materials
- Production Troubleshooting
- RoHS – Restriction of Hazardous Substances
- CPSIA – Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act
- WEEE – Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directivetate
The university has a lot of research tools and resources we don't have as a small company, so access to the expertise and students who are trained on the equipment is important to us. Our relationship with the materials Science and Engineering Center has been instrumental in helping us get started.
Your success is our success
State-of-the-art instrumentation, student and faculty research collaborations and innovative industry partnerships are the hallmark of the Materials Science and Engineering Center. Please contact us to discuss the ways in which our Center may be able to serve your business.