The geology department has been able to forge strong and lasting ties with alumni, community and industry that have brought unprecedented levels of scholarship funds to our students. Thanks to partnerships like the Responsible Mining Initiative and enduring relationships with generous alumni donors, you might find yourself eligible for the kinds of financial backing that make all the difference in completing your degree on time and with less stress about tuition costs. We’ve got your back!
The biggies for comprehensive majors
The following list of scholarships are the heavy hitters for students in Geology, and are awarded through the department. Nearly $30k in grants and scholarships are awarded each year. Selection process varies, but money is awarded through the department.
- Beckstrom Geology Major Scholarship (1 @ $1000)
- Blugold Alumni Scholarship (as needed)
- Blugold Freshman Geology Scholarship (up to 4 @ $1000)
- JRC Applied Geology Scholarship (2 @ $1000)
- H2O Well Drilling & Pump Service Geology Scholarship (2612) (2 @ $500)
- David L. Risch Geology Research Scholarship (2552) (1 @ $1000)
- Freshman Geology Promise Scholarship (1 @ $1000)
- Sophomore Geology Promise Scholarship (1 @ $1000)
- Myers/Willis Geology Field Camp Scholarships (grants of differing amounts based on financial need for G470 and G471. (This fiscal year)
- WISA Geology Scholarship (1 @ $1650)
2022 Scholarship Recipients
Excellence in Geology and Environmental Science
- Trevor J. Nelson
- Maddie G. Palubicki
Excellence in Service
- Trevor J. Nelson
- Ashley M. Zuge
In addition to geology department scholarships and grants , Blugolds who major in geology are eligible to apply for a whole host of Foundation based scholarships across many disciplines. Many of these are open to students in science and math fields, and are generally awarded through a donor based selection process. Be sure to look into the criteria, because each year some scholarships do not receive any applications.
Find scholarship information and helpful links here: Scholarships at UW-Eau Claire