Whether entering the fields such as banking, insurance and community development or continuing on to law school, your economics degree will serve you well. Economics majors gain extremely marketable skills which land our graduates with jobs such as economists, market research analysts, financial reporters and more.
Prepared for any uncertainty
Beyond illustrious careers, economics graduates are ready for anything that may come. With changes in politics, technology and more constantly altering job demands, the study of economics provides critical thinking and deep analysis skills valuable to a wide and varying range of fields. The skills and flexibility offered by economics means our alumni find their ideal career path and also have the ability to change that career path if needed.
Where are Blugolds using their economics degrees?
- Cost Analyst, Lavonia Tool and Blaxer, Eau Claire, WI
- Appraiser, State of Wisconsin, Madison, WI
- Consultant, Ernst & Young, Minneapolis, MN
- Economist, U.S. Census Bureau
- Staff Assistant, Senator Norm Coleman, Maplewood, MN
- Mutual Funds Specialist, The Hartford, Woodbury, MN
- Education Consultant, Denver, CO
- Analyst, DGV Solutions LP, Minneapolis, MN
- Area manager, GetYourGuide.com, Berlin, Germany
Stay in touch with us
Don't forget to stay in touch with us in the Department of Economics, so we can share your success stories with current and future students. Feel free to email us anytime at Econ@uwec.edu with news about career changes, promotions or graduate studies. And if you are back on campus for Homecoming or an event, stop in to visit. Also, keep up with Alumni Association and Foundation at the links below.