Mission Statement of Art & Design
The Department of Art & Design supports a contemporary and comprehensive visual arts program. We endorse:
- Introduction to visual learning through foundation courses.
- Experience with two, three, and four dimensional art.
- Exploration of a variety of media.
- Expanded knowledge and skill in individual areas of interest.
- Awareness of the theories and world history of art.
- Participation in national and international contemporary art.
- Employment of imagination and innovation as global citizens.
Our diverse and inclusive curriculum promotes a body of knowledge that serves individual needs and challenges the minds of our students. We embrace our responsibility as an integral component of a public liberal arts institution and of our local and regional communities. Our program advances the university's mission and its liberal education learning goals.