Each fall, the American Indian Studies Program, in partnership with the Office of Multicultural Affairs, sponsors Native American Heritage Month on campus. During this month, students, faculty, alumni and community members are invited to participate in a wide variety of events, discussions, guest presentations and celebrations — all aimed to honoring, informing and celebrating the rich history and culture of the Indigenous people of this area and throughout the U.S.
The following events are just a sample of the kinds of programming you can expect to see each year during this special month:
- Opening banquet
- Ask and Indian student panel
- American Indian Studies Alumni panel
- Traveling art exhibits featuring Indigenous artists
- Native American buffet
- Immersion experience panel discussion
- Frybread Taco sale, student org fundraiser
- UWEC Powwow
- Guest speakers, state and national tribal leadership representatives
Click here to see the full itinerary for the 2017 American Indian Heritage Month events.