CLEP exams are a national program which allows incoming students to demonstrate mastery of certain introductory college-level material and earn credit toward a degree.
- CLEP general examinations should be taken before a student enrolls in college and must be taken before completion of 15 semester credits of college work and before completion of any college course in the area that is being tested.
- Credits from these examinations will be counted as fulfilling one experience within the Liberal Education Core listed. The Natural Science exam does not fulfill the lab science requirement for Liberal Education Core (LE-K1 or LE-K2).
- Effective immediately, UW-Eau Claire no longer administers the CLEP.
- For information about the exams and sample questions, consult the CLEP website
||Minimum Score||Credits Allowed|
|Humanities||50||6 credits, LE-K3 (Humanities)|
|Natural Sciences||50||6 credits, LE-K1 (Natural Science)|
|Social Science-History||50||6 credits, LE-12 (Social Science)|
CLEP Subject Examinations
- Course-equivalent exams should be taken before the student is enrolled in the equivalent course or in any higher-level course for which it is a prerequisite. With departmental permission, a student can take the test for a course in which s/he is enrolled, but this must be done before the end of the first week of classes.
- Credit by exam cannot be used to repeat already attempted at or transferred to UWEC.
- Effective immediately, UW-Eau Claire no longer administers the CLEP exams.
- You must wait three months to retake a CLEP exam.
|Analysis & Interpretation Literature (LR)||55||3 credits, English 150|
8 credits, French 101, 102
16 credits, French 101, 102, 201, 202
8 credits, German 101, 102
16 credits, German 101, 102, 201, 202
8 credits, Spanish 101, 102
16 credits, Spanish 101, 102, 201, 202
|Human Growth & Development||50||3 credits, psychology 230|
|Intro, to Educational Psychology||50||3 credits, Psychology 260|
|Introductory Psychology||50||3 credits, Psychology 100|
|Introductory Sociology||50||3 credits, Sociology 101|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||50||3 credits, Economics 104|
|Principles of microeconomics||50||3 credits, Economics 102|
|Science & mathematics|
|Chemistry||62||3 credits, LE-K1 (Natural Science)
4 credits, Chemistry 103 will be granted upon successful completion of lab practical examination
|College Algebra||63||4 credits, Math 109|
|Precalculus||61||4 credits, Math 112|
|Calculus||61||4 credits, Math 114|
|Financial Accounting||65||3 credits, Accounting 201|
|Information Systems & Computer Applications||56||3 credits, Information Systems 240|
|Principles of Marketing||50||3 credits, Marketing 330|