Winterim is a great time to get ahead of the upcoming semester, catch up on a class you missed, or an opportunity to stay on track and continue working toward a degree.
- Winterim begins January 3, 2023, and ends January 26, 2023
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students
- Financial aid may be available; contact Blugold Central to learn more
- Registration began on October 3, 2022
- Earn up to four credits in January -- Students need approval from the Associate Dean of the College to exceed four credits
Why take classes during winterim?
Why take classes during winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester
- Get ahead and stay on track
- Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions
If you are not currently attending UW-Eau Claire and would like to search the Class Schedule, information can be found here.
- ACCT 201 Intro to Accounting, 3 crs (in person)
- AIS 101 Intro to American Indian History and Cultures, 3 crs (online)
- ART 275 Principles of Typography, 3 crs (online)
- BCOM 207 Business Presentations, 2 crs (in person)
- BIOL 250 Microbiology, 3 crs (online)
- CHEM 161 Chemistry and Culture of Food and Cooking, 3 crs (online)
- CJ 301 Intercultural Communication, 3 crs (online)
- CRMJ 342 Confinement and Corrections, 3 crs (online)
- CSD 150 Intro to Communication Sciences and Disorders, 3 crs (online)
- ECON 104 Principles of Macroeconomics, 3 crs (online)
- ENGL 274 The Short Story, 3 crs (online)
- ENPH 110 Intro to Environmental Health, 3 crs (online)
- ES 212 Exploring Schooling K-12, 2 crs (hybrid)
- FIN 320 Principles of Finance, 3 crs (in person)
- GEOG 325 Geography of the US and Canada, 3 crs (online)
- HIST 344/544 African American Civil Rights Movement, 1914-Present, 3 crs (online)
- KINS 294 Anatomical Kinesiology, 3 crs (online)
- LAS 324 Latinx Health and Migration to the U.S., 3 crs (online)
- LMED 305/505 Children's Literature, 3 crs (online)
- MATH 113 Trigonometry, 2 crs (online)
- POLS 338 Judicial Politics, 3 crs (online)
- PSYC 121 Intro to Child Life, 3 crs (online)
- RELS 100 Intro to the Religions of the World, 3 crs (online)
- SEIP 200 Intro to Diverse Learners, 3 crs (online)
- SOC 101 Intro to Sociology, 3 crs (online)
- SW 100 Intro to Social Welfare, 3 crs (online)
- THEA 101 Theatre Appreciation, 3 crs (online)
- WGSS 206 Perspectives in LGBTQ Studies, 3 crs (online)
You must have a FAFSA on file for the current year, be registered at UWEC, and maintain at least half-time enrollment for Spring semester to be eligible to receive Winterim financial aid. To apply for Winterim financial aid, log in to CampS and go to the Financial Aid tile. Once it is available, there will be a button to Apply for Winterim Aid. Please contact Blugold Central if you have questions.
Tuition + Fees
- Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Student Finances / Tuition & Fee Schedule.
- NOTE: Some courses may charge additional fees. See note at top of fee schedule.
- Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
- FULL PAYMENT is due on January 3, 2023, to avoid finance charges. Balances remaining after the due date are subject to a $15 administrative service fee, in addition to finances charges.
- Deadline to cancel Winterim registration and receive a full fee refund is January 2, 2023.
How to apply
Current UW-Eau Claire students
- Current students can register through MyBlugold CampS
- No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser
Students enrolled at another university or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special students at Admissions.