Winterim is a great time to get ahead of the upcoming semester, catch up on a class you missed, or an opportunity to stay on track and continue working toward a degree.
- Winterim begins January 3, 2024, and ends January 23, 2024
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students
- Financial aid may be available; contact Blugold Central to learn more
- Registration begins on October 2, 2023
- Earn up to four credits in January -- Students need approval from the Associate Dean of the College to exceed four credits
Why take classes during winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester
- Get ahead and stay on track
- Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions
If you are not currently attending UW-Eau Claire and would like to search the Class Schedule, information can be found here.
You must have a FAFSA on file for the current year, be registered at UWEC, and maintain at least half-time enrollment for Spring semester to be eligible to receive Winterim financial aid. To apply for Winterim financial aid, log in to CampS and go to the Financial Aid tile. Once it is available, there will be a button to Apply for Winterim Aid. Please contact Blugold Central if you have questions.
Tuition + Fees
- Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Student Finances / Tuition & Fee Schedule.
- NOTE: Some courses may charge additional fees. See note at top of fee schedule.
- Payment Due Date
- Refund Schedule for Winterim, Summer and Short Term Courses (last table at the bottom)
- Winterim Withdrawal Process
How to Apply
Current UW-Eau Claire students
- Current students can register through MyBlugold CampS
- No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser
Students enrolled at another university or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special students at Admissions.