Don't want to venture out into the cold? Nearly half of UWEC's winterim classes are available online. You don't even have to get out of your pajamas.
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students
- Winterim courses are available online and in-person
- Financial aid may be available
- Registration begins on October 1, 2018, and ends January 6, 2019 (without Dean's approval)
- Earn up to four credits in January (you can take the equivalent of one credit per week)
- Click here for information on how to apply and to search all available courses; you can also search by subject
Why take classes during winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester
- Get ahead and stay on track
- Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions
- AIS 243 - Intro to Contemporary American Indian Communities (3 crs)
- ART 312 - Digital Imaging and Design (3 crs)
- BIOL 250 - Microbiology (3 crs)
- BSAD 305 - Legal and Regulatory Environment (2 crs)
- CJ 202 - Fundamentals of Speech (3 crs)
- CJ 300 - Research Methods (3 crs)
- DNCE 101 - Dance Appreciation (3 crs)
- ENGL 275 - The Novel (3 crs)
- FIN 321 - Financial Markets and Institutions (3 crs)
- FLG 150 - Foreign Civilization and Culture (3 crs)
- GEOG 111 - Human Geography (3 crs)
- KINS 313 - Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity (3 crs)
- LMED 305/505 - Children's Literature (3 crs)
- PHIL 101 - Intro to Philosophy (3 crs)
- PSYC 380 - Intro to Behavior Modification (3 crs)
- SOC 242 - Contemporary Social Problems (3 crs)
- SPED 200 - Intro to Diverse Learners (3 crs)
You must have a current FAFSA on file, be registered at UWEC, and maintain at least halftime enrollment for Spring semester to be eligible to receive winterim financial aid. To apply for Winterim financial aid, go to your Student Center in CampS and, once it is available, find the link to the application under "Financial Aid" on the left side of the screen.
Tuition + Fees
- Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Student Finances / Tuition & Fee Schedule.
- NOTE: Some courses may charge additional fees. See note at top of fee schedule.
- Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
- FULL PAYMENT is due on January 7, 2019, to avoid finance charges. Balances remaining after the due date are subject to a $15 administrative service fee, in addition to finances charge
How to apply
Current UW-Eau Claire students
- Current students can register through MyBlugold CampS
- No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser
Students enrolled at another university or non-degree seeking students
Students who are not UW-Eau Claire degree-seeking students may come as "Special Students." Students fill out the UW System application. Click on Special Student (undergraduate or graduate) after registering as a new user. Find more information about coming as a special students at Admissions.