As the University of Wisconsin Eau Claire enters its second century of educational excellence, we find ourselves tasked with preparing the roadmap to reach the goals we have set. “Creating Our Future,” our 2016-2020 Strategic Plan, outlines the path we will take to stay true to our mission and create the future we envision for our students, our campus and our community.
University Planning Committee
The University Planning Committee is appointed by the chancellor to oversee strategic planning at the university.
Planning Committee members and their terms
- Andy Jepsen, Director (University Recreation)
- Mitch Freymiller, Senior Lecturer (Biology, College of Arts and Sciences)
- Debra Jansen, Associate Dean (College of Nursing and Health Sciences)
- Billy Felz, Director (Advising, Retention and Career Center)
- Leah Olson-McBride, Associate Professor and Chair (Social Work, College of Education and Human Sciences)
- Brent Opall, Assistant Professor (Management, College of Business)
- Jenni Sterling, University Services Associate (Student Affairs)
- Dandrielle Lewis, Associate Professor (Mathematics, College of Arts and Sciences)
- Evan Weiher, University Senate Chair
- Katy McGarry, Student Senate President
- Andy Nelson, Institutional Research
- MJ Brukardt, Special Assistant to the Chancellor, Executive Director of Marketing and Planning
- Corry Mahnke, Administrative Assistant
University Planning Committee Meeting Minutes
All meeting minutes are available here with your UW-Eau Claire password.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
We foster in one another creativity, critical insight, empathy and intellectual courage, the hallmarks of a transformative liberal education and the foundation for active citizenship and lifelong inquiry.
We are noted for rigorous, integrated, globally infused undergraduate liberal education and distinctive select graduate programs. We are leaders in preparing students for lifelong contributions to society through career, service and personal achievement.
Diversity and inclusiveness; leadership; innovation and continuous improvement; stewardship and sustainability.
Our Guidepost Goals
These goals are the driving force behind our plans for UW-Eau Claire's future.
- 100% of students participating in at least one high-impact learning experience
- 50% of students graduating within four years
- 90% of first-year students retained to their second year
- 20% enrollment of students of color, and elimination of the opportunity gap
Academic Master Plan
The Academic Master Plan will guide our work and hold us accountable as we move forward toward institutional guideposts into 2020 and beyond.