UW-Eau Claire Guidepost Goals
In 2015-16, UW-Eau Claire has four guidepost goals that direct our efforts to serve our students well:
- 100% of students participating in two high-impact practices
- 90% of our entering students retained to their sophomore year
- 50% of all students graduating within four years
- 20% enrollment of students of color and elimination of the opportunity gap
2016 Blugold Breakfast
- Read Chancellor Schmidt's 2016-17 academic year opening address.
- View the Blugold Breakfast and annual meeting video.
In an open forum for faculty and staff on Aug. 31, 2016, Chancellor Schmidt provided more details about the proposed institutional compensation plan that is part of the university's new 2020 Strategic Plan, introduced during his Blugold Breakfast address on Aug. 23.
2015-17 biennial budgetOn July 12, Gov. Scott Walker signed the 2015-17 state budget into law. UW-Eau Claire's net, annual reduction each year during 2015-17 will be $12.2 million. This includes the university's structural deficit of $4.5 million and the ending state budget reduction of $7.7 million per year.
Visit the 2015-17 University Budget Updates page for complete and ongoing information on the 2015-17 biennial budget.
UW-Eau Claire long-range enrollment planning
In January 2014, Chancellor Schmidt appointed an Enrollment Management Task Force to look ahead 10 years and make recommendations that would help assure that UW-Eau Claire will be able to live according to its values, fulfill its mission as a regional comprehensive university and achieve the financial outcomes needed to stay viable. The group was asked to develop long-range enrollment goals for UW-Eau Claire focused on three areas: size of the student body, profile and mix of students, and undergraduate retention and graduation rates. Their report, developed after a semester of study and analysis, describes a university that is growing, even in the face of greater competition. The report describes a campus where every member of the campus community takes responsibility for helping to recruit students. Read the Enrollment Management Task Force report (password protected).
- 2015-16 academic year opening address, Aug. 25, 2015 (read text)
- 2014-15 academic year opening address, Aug. 26, 2014 (read text)
- Centennial Hall dedication remarks, Feb. 5, 2014 ( read text)
- Inaugural address, Nov. 8, 2013 (read text or view video)
Chancellor in the news
Struggling to Stay True to Wisconsin's Ideals (Inside Higher Ed, July 29, 2015)
Buyouts soften goodbye blows for nearly 100 UW-EC faculty, staff (Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, July 12, 2015)
UW-Eau Claire discusses budget cut impacts (WQOW News 18, July 10, 2015)
UW-Eau Claire to face $7.7M from proposed budget cut (WQOW News 18, July 7, 2015)
UW handing down $140M in budget cuts, UW-Eau Claire taking third-largest hit (Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, July 7, 2015)
Leaders at UW-EC, UW-Stout concerned about tenure proposal (Eau Claire Leader-Telegram, June 5, 2015)