UW-Eau Claire's Transfer Credit Wizard is a handy tool for transfer students. If you plan to transfer colleges, you can find classes at your current college and see if they will transfer to UW-Eau Claire. If so, the Transfer Credit Wizard will specify the transfer equivalent for that course.
To access the Transfer Credit Wizard in MyBlugold CampS:
- Select the Miscellaneous tile.
- Select Transfer Credit Wizard
- Searching for an Institution
- Search by Course Number and/or Course Subject
- Course Equivalency List
- Contact Information for Assistance
- Choose a country from the pull-down menu.
- Choose a state and click Search. This will list all of the institutions in that state. Or, type the name of the institution in the College/University search box and click Search.
NOTE: Abbreviations will not be accepted (i.e. for CVTC, type "Chippewa Valley Technical College"). However, you can type in a portion of the name to view results (i.e. "southwest" brings up all institutions that include "southwest" in their title).
- The schools that match your search criteria appear. Select the school from the list or click Start Over.
- In the Subject and Course Number search box you may type in:
- A course subject and number (i.e. Engl 408) to display only one result.
- A subject (i.e. Engl) to display all courses that fall into that subject.
- A course number (i.e. 408) to display courses in any subject that have that number.
NOTES: Some technical schools use course numbers only to identify courses (i.e. 809198 Intro to Psyc at CVTC is only listed as 809198 with no course subject). UW-Eau Claire only uses the last 6 digits of the course number for technical colleges; sometimes students unnecessarily list 10 or 20 digits.
Institutions abbreviate course subjects differently (i.e. UW-Colleges use MAT for math, while other institutions may abbreviate this differently).
- Click Search to continue. From this page, you can start the process over or choose a different institution.
When viewing the course equivalency list, the left side lists the institution's course and the right side lists UW-Eau Claire's equivalent course.
If you searched for an entire subject, you will see all the courses offered in that subject and the UW-Eau Claire transfer equivalent.
- Some courses may transfer as more than one equivalency to UW-Eau Claire. Some courses require you to take a sequence of two courses to receive credit for one equivalent course at UW-Eau Claire. These unique course situations are typically listed as groups at the bottom of the subject list.
- Courses may not be in numerical order.
NOTE: If you are looking at a very large list of courses, it may be difficult to find the course you are looking for. To simplify this process, press [Ctrl + F] (Find) on your keyboard. A bar will appear at the top of the screen. Type the course number in the search box next to the word Find.