Tags are descriptive keywords that help categorize your event. They can also be used to add more description to images or uploaded files. Tags are often used to create event feed url's for a specific campus website or page, or to use in sharing via email. Tags are also used to create a list for a specific subset of your events. You should think of tags as an additional organizing tool for your calendar.
This is the current list of global tags available to users under any calendar group:
- Barron County
- Blugold Beginnings
- campus beauty
- Children's Nature Academy
- Counseling Services
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Gender & Sexuality Resource Center
- Housing and Residence Life
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Recreation and Sports
- Student Health Services
- University Police
- Veterans Services
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
If you have an idea for a new tag that should be made available to all users within the Events Calendar then please email the calendar managers.
Use tag words sparingly, as these words do actually appear on the calendar post.
New tag words specific to your calendar group can be created if there is a themes/topic/subgroup of events that you feel will be posted often enough that it should become a tag. Please do not select the "Make GLobal" button at the top when adding these tags--only your group will see them when posting a new event or in your listing in the Toolbox.
Create New Tags Within Your Event
- Navigate to the Add a new event screen.
- For an event you've already created, click on the name of the event on the Your Events listing to get to the Edit an event screen.
- Use the field in the Tags section to enter new tags.
- Separate tags with a tab or by hitting the enter key.
- Each tag entered will be saved in your Tag Library and will be available for use by other members of your Calendar Group.
- Select the "Toolbox" option on the right side within the purple admin banner.
- Select "Tags" from the menu.
- Click the blue "+ Add a new tag" button in the upper right corner.
- A new field will appear at the top of your list of tags.
- Enter your new tag's name and click the "Save tag" button.