Student organizations may reserve table space up to five times per academic year per event. There are four indoor lobby tables available in Davies Center each day. Two outdoor tables may also be available, weather permitting. In the event of inclement weather, there is no guarantee that indoor table spaces will be available for those who have a table reserved outdoors.
If tables are reserved for the purpose of selling items, the following apply:
- Sales of items promoting or implying the irresponsible use of alcohol or implying discrimination regarding race, color, gender identity or expression, creed, religion, age, ancestry, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, political affiliation, marital or parental status, military veteran status, arrest and conviction record, or any other category protected by law are inappropriate and will not be allowed.
- Sales are limited to the location reserved.
- Student organizations sponsoring a sale must provide a member at the site at all times during the sale. The name of the organization sponsoring the event must be visible in the sales area. If an organization member is not present during sales, a $50 charge will be assessed to the organization as a space rental fee. The organization will forfeit any further reservations until the fee is paid.
- Vendors are limited to one six-foot table and two chairs. Vendors are not allowed to bring additional tables or chairs without the consent of Event Services.
- Events held in University Centers facilities have priority over vendor sales. University Centers reserves the right to reassign the space designated for a vendor sale if the primary space is to be used for an event or student organization information.
- The number of indoor lobby vendors in Davies Center is limited to two per day.
- Vendors are not permitted during the summer months.
- Vendors must sell items which are appropriate for sale on campus. All items for sale will be listed individually on the reservation request. Items will be approved for sale at the discretion of the Director of University Centers. Vendors shall not be allowed to sell items in competition with any University Centers contracted vendors, including Blugold Dining, the University Bookstore, and US Bank. In addition, sales of tobacco, controlled substances, alcohol, or items that can be found in University Centers vending machines are not allowed. For more information about restricted sale items, please contact University Licensing Manager Dan Schumacher at email@example.com.
- University Centers will not provide any overnight storage for vendors and is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property.
- All load-in and load-out of sale items will be completed by the vendor and/or organization sponsor during normal building hours.
- University Centers has the right to cancel any vendor’s reservation/space if the guidelines are not followed.
- Vendors are responsible for all Federal, state, and local sales taxes.