The use or possession of alcoholic beverages is prohibited on University property, with certain exceptions detailed both herein and in University housing policy.
Alcohol may be served at catered events in authorized areas subject to the policy guidelines. Authorized areas include Davies Center, Hilltop Center, and other areas as authorized by the Chancellor.
- The administration of this policy is the responsibility of the Director of University Centers (or her/his designee) with serving arrangements determined by Blugold Dining, the sponsoring group, and University Centers.
- Alcoholic beverages may be sold and consumed only within authorized areas and may not be carried out of those areas. A non-alcoholic beverage alternative(s) must always be provided.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be carried onto the premises. If carry-ons are observed, they will be confiscated immediately and on-duty security officials will be notified and given the opportunity to discipline offenders as they deem necessary.
- Alcoholic beverage service may be provided at scheduled receptions and dinners and for other food service events as may be deemed appropriate. Beverage service will end 30 minutes prior to the scheduled end of an event.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served exclusively by Blugold Dining and it shall be their responsibility to make proper identification of persons eligible to purchase or consume alcoholic beverages, including proof of the legal drinking age. Blugold Dining reserves the right to refuse service as deemed appropriate.
- Sponsoring groups must be familiar with the catering guidelines and accept the responsibility for assisting in proper identification, restricting consumption to authorized areas, and accepting financial responsibility for any theft or vandalism associated with the event.
- Individual and/or the sponsoring groups will be expected to maintain responsible standards concerning their use of alcoholic beverages. Immoderate use leading to offensive behavior or disorderly conduct will result in the dismissal of service to that individual or the sponsoring group. Further disciplinary action may be taken if necessary.
- Alcoholic beverages will be served only at such times and under such conditions which may be consistent with local, state and federal regulations governing such service.
- Alcohol Authorization Forms are available in the Event Services office (Davies 240) and must be completed at least 10 working days prior to an event requesting to serve alcohol. You will be required to meet with the Catering Director.
UWS Regents’ Res. 682, 3 8 74 (adopted from UW 1.07 (8) of the Wisconsin Administrative Code for Chapter 36). As revised by UWS Regents’ Res. 801, 7-12-74.
Faculty Senate, 1-22-74, approved by Chancellor, 3-11-74. Reviewed and updated by Chancellor 4-30-09