UWEC instructors, staff, and students have access to create free accounts through the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) for resources related to teaching and learning in online modalities. OLC shares that they are a “collaborative community of higher education leaders and innovators, dedicated to advancing quality digital teaching and learning experiences designed to reach and engage the modern learner – anyone, anywhere, anytime.”
Take advantage of resources that can assist you in online teaching and learning through UWEC’s institutional membership. The following steps will guide your registration for a free account as well as gain access to other OLC resources.
- Register for an account with OLC. Use the account setup directions provided on their website to register.
- NOTE: It is essential to use your “@uwec.edu” email address when registering to be able to receive membership benefits – no other email address will allow you to access resources provided with our institutional membership.
- You may be asked to allow access to the OLC website. This notice is to allow for communications that may be needed based on resources you utilize and subscribe to through OLC. Grant access to continue using the membership benefits.
- Review any of the following resources that are of interest. Some are opt-in subscriptions, some may be additional resources to explore:
- TOPcast (Teaching Online Podcast)
- Online Webinars (free as a member!)
- OLC Today (weekly newsletter)
- Online Learning Journal (open, peer-reviewed, quarterly journal)
- Explore the OLC website for additional resources.
Additional Questions? Contact Avonlea Hanson (firstname.lastname@example.org) about membership-specific details.