The Software Support Fee is a charge levied annually on all campus computers and is used to contribute to the funding necessary to provide UW-Eau Claire licensed software and software support. This covers the cost of licenses for campus-wide application software and infrastructure software directly used to support and maintain the campus computers. The present charge is based on projected budgets for approved software and maintenance.
A chargeback authorization will be sent to the Deans and Administrators of the Colleges and Divisions in the fall for that fiscal year.
Examples of Costs Paid by the Software Support Fee
Following is a list of items paid by the revenue generated from the Software Support Fee:
- Alertus (3,000 Seat License)
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- BP Logix
- Casper - JAMF Software
- Cherwell Service Management
- Cisco SMARTNET
- Davinci Migrator
- Dell Symantec Backup Exec
- E2 Campus
- EMS Master Calendar
- Hyperion/Oracle BI
- IBM SPSS Annual Maintenance
- Listserve Rockliffe Systems
- macOS Client Software Maintenance
- macOS Server Software Support
- Microsoft Common System Licenses
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack (MDOP)
- Microsoft Server Licenses
- NCS Support
- NetOp School
- New Boundary Prism
- SASSAFRAS KeyServer
- Sophos AntiVirus (for macOS)
- Techsmith Camtasia (50 Windows / 10 Mac Licenses)
- VMWare Maintenance
- VMware View (140 concurrent users)
A complete list of components and costs is available upon request. Contact the LTS Director for details or to submit software suggestions.
To have computers and other equipment removed from your inventory and sent to Surplus, please call the LTS Help Desk at 836-5711.