This article gives a step-by-step explanation on how to search for and apply to a job on Handshake.
- Go to uwec.joinhandshake.com.
- Log in with your UWEC credentials.
- Click Jobs at the top of the screen.
- Search for a job you are interested in by typing in a keyword and/or job type (internship, on-campus, etc.)
- Use the "All filters" button to further refine your results and find jobs that offer work study, offer campus interviews, accepts OPT/CPT and other categories.
- Save time by creating a "Search Alert". Click the Save your search link at the top of your results and Edit your notifications to get email, in-app or push (text) updates when new jobs are posted that fit your criteria.
- Review position details and position qualifications by selecting the job. You can "bookmark" a job to review later by clicking the ribbon icon in the posting.
- When you are ready to apply, click the red Apply button within the posting and follow the application directions (uploading any required documents such as a resume, cover letter, transcript or other required document).
- Click Submit Application.
- If this job has additional application instructions, you will see a message with further directions and be directed to the appropriate external site in a separate browser.
- After successfully completing your application click Finish.
These short videos give a step-by-step overview on how to search for and apply for a job on Handshake: What is Handshake and Search for, Save and Apply to Jobs in Handshake
Make an appointment with career services in Handshake to assist with the job search or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-836-3487.