If you have placed into Math 10 Math 20, pre-college math courses, these 4 credits do count for being a full-time student and towards your GPA. Financial aid covers the tuition for this course in same way it covers other classes you take in the fall. But these 4 credits will not count towards the 120 credits you need for graduation. However, you can be confident that we've designed our curriculum to meet you where you're at and prepare you for the transition to college. The Springboard Program will prepare you to test out of Math 20 before beginning your college journey in the fall and allow
Our Math Springboard Program may be for you!
What are the benefits of the Springboard Program - why should I participate?
- Stay on track - having the option to test of out Math 20 will make it easier to graduate in four years.
- Early move in - move into the residence hall early (August 29), a huge perk!
- Sneak peak of college life - get an introduction to college the week before classes start! This program includes math instruction and engaging, peer-led activities to help you connect with fellow classmates. 2017 Springboard schedule
What is the cost?
- $200 - includes both the online summer component (required) with tutoring and professor support, and living expenses for the late August component (required) that involves face-to-face instruction on campus. So we do know the way to your heart - this cost includes meals from August 29-September 1.
What are the course components? (First three required!)
- Online (July 5 - August 15) - work from the convenience of your own home with online office hours and online tutoring. Students can anticipate spending 1-2 hours per day on math assignments.
- Face-to-face instruction (August 29-September 1) - Students will meet with a math professor and fellow Blugolds on the UW-Eau Claire campus for review sessions.
- Take Springboard exam (September 2)
- Fall (Attention nursing majors) - pre-nursing students will take two classes together in the fall—Chemistry 103 and Nursing 213.
Be sure to enroll in Math Springboard by the July 1 deadline, but be aware that spaces might fill before then.
Questions? Contact Alex Smith, Chair, Math department