print header

Information for Freshmen about
Transfer Coursework

Determining how course work transfers:
If you have already completed college course work or you are currently enrolled in college courses, you have two options to see your course equivalencies.

What does transfer credits mean for placement testing?

English Placement

  • If you have taken a composition course that transfers as Writing elective (WRIT 907L) and received a grade of C or higher, then you have met part of the University Writing Requirement and do not have to take the placement test.  You will take Writing 120, a 2 credit course, to complete the requirement.

  • If you have a course that transfers as Writing 116 (grade of C or higher) you have met the university writing requirement and do not need to take the placement test.

Math Placement

  • If you have received credit for Math 109, 111, 112, 113 or 114 you do not need to take the placement test.

  • If you have received credit for Math 104, 106, 107, 108, or 246 you should still take the placement test.

Foreign Language

  • If you have taken courses that will transfer in as any foreign language course (e.g. Spanish 101, 102, 201, etc.), you do not have to take placement tests.

Questions about Transfer Work -