Essential resources and services
All across campus, faculty and staff are working to make your college experience safe, rewarding, fun and worthwhile. Student Health Service has compiled this list of resources to make it easier to find just what you need, right when you need it. Not finding what you're looking for? Call 715-836-5626.
In an emergency, dial 9-911 if calling from on campus.
Dean of Students
Dean of Students Office
This provides student advocacy and offers counseling, advising, and assistance to students experiencing personal and academic problems. If you are unable to find a specific student resource, you can call the Dean of Students office.
- Schofield Hall 240
UW-Eau Claire Police
- 119 Crest Wellness Center
Health + Wellness Services
Student Health Services Office
Student Health Services foster a healthy campus community through:
- High-quality health care
- Inclusive and accessible service
- Contraceptive services and supplies
- Special exams
- Family planning only services
- Crest Wellness Center
- Hours M, T, TH, F 7:45-4:30, W 10-4:30
- 715-836-5110 or 715-836-5112
- Schofield 26
Counseling Services provide confidential short-term individual, group, and couples counseling and crisis appointments. Areas of counseling include pregnancy, eating disorders, gambling addiction, anger management, sexuality, self-injurious behavior, online pornography and other traumatic events.
- Old Library 2122
- Hours M, T, TH, F 8-4:30, W 8-6:00
If you are pregnant and unsure what to do or you just need to talk, please make an appointment at Counseling Services (715-836-5521) or Health Services (715-836-5360).
Crisis Services provide same-day crisis walk-in service designed to assist students who have identified that they are in crisis or have an urgent need to be seen.
- 715-836-5521 to talk with a counselor 8-4:30 M, Tu, Th, F, W 8-6:00
- Old Library 2122 walk-in appointments 8-4:30 M, Tu, Th, F, W 8-6:00
After Hours Resources
- Northwest Connections Mental Health Crisis Line - 1-888-552-6642
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK
- Crisis Text Line - Text Hello to 741741
- Dial 9-911 if calling from on-campus
Learning + Technology Help Desk
LTS Help Desk
The LTS Help Desk is the front line of support regarding learning and technology services. Contact the Help Desk if you have questions about pop-ups, verifying legitimate emails, help with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, setting up your email on your phone, password assistance and logging in.
- 1106 Old Library
For questions on Housing and Residence Life, please contact Hall Director first with any questions.
- 222 Crest Wellness Center
Academic Skills Center
This office provides tutoring, test prep, workshops and more.
- Students Success Center Centennial 2104
Advising, Retention & Career Center
This center helps with job/internship search, career planning, mock interviewing and exploring majors.
- 2100 Old Library
Financial Aid Office
- Old Library 1108
Campus Harvest Food Pantry
This provides aid to students who have self-identified as in need of supplemental food assistance.
- The pantry will be open the following hours during the academic year:
- Tuesdays 3:00-5:00
- Wednesdays 2:00-4:00
- Thursdays 3:00-5:00
- Schofield Hall 4
- A $10.00 first-time fee is charged, with a $5.00 fee for each subsequent appointment concerning the same subject matter.
- Appointments must be made in person at the Student Senate program assistants office (Davies 220B)
Oasis for Nontraditional Students
This is a place to gather, relax, study, and meet other nontraditional students on campus.
- Location: 266 Davies Center
Recreation & Sports Facilities
- Hilltop 105
The Rest Nest
The Rest Nest is a place for students to relax and de-stress with fun activities and relaxing environment.
- McIntyre Library 5th floor room 5011
Veteran Services and Center
- 1108 Old Library
Veterans Center contact info:
- 20 Schofield Hall
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Gender & Sexuality Resource Center
- Davies Center 220M
Office of Multicultural Affairs
This offers a variety of help for student concerns (particularly for students of color): illness, academic trouble, personal situations.
- 1106 Centennial
Services for Students with Disabilities
- 2106 Centennial Hall
The Bridge LGBTQIA+ Resource Center
This space provides a network of support for the LGBTQIA+ campus community.
- 715-836-2693 or 715-836-4541
- Davies Center 229
Women’s Resource Center
This serves as a safe space for women and is staffed by interns from the Gender and Sexuality Resource Center.
Location: 311C Hibbard
Division for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Bias, Discrimination and Violence
Bias Incident Response Team (BIRT)
The BIRT team will help you learn how and when and where to report bias/hate incidents on campus.
Bias incident reporting process:
- If the bias crime is in progress or just occurred and someone has been injured or is in danger: ALWAYS CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
- During business hours, contact the Division of Student Affairs and Dean of Students Office, 715-836-5626, 8am to 4:30pm, Schofield 240.
- After business hours, contact University Police at 715-839-4972.
- At any time use the online incident reporting tool to file a bias incident report.
- BIRT FAQ
Center for Awareness of Sexual Assault (CASA)
This is a sexual assault support service.
- 2119 Old Library