Skip to main content

Requirements for events not sponsored by UWEC

This page provides guidance and requirements for using facilities at all UW-Eau Claire campuses.

Facility use requests may be administered through various campus units, including:


The use of UW-Eau Claire facilities by non-University entities and individuals for events that are not sponsored by a University unit require the following:

Coverage Types Minimum Limit
Worker’s Compensation (when applicable) Statutory Requirements
Commercial General Liability Each Occurrence $1,000,000
Commercial General Liability Gen. Aggr. Incl. Prdts/CO $2,000,000
Sexual Abuse/Misconduct (when applicable) $1,000,000
Professional Liability (when applicable) $1,000,000
Fire Legal (when applicable) $100,000
Liquor Liability (when applicable) $1,000,000
Automobile Liability Combined Single Limit (when applicable) $1,000,000
Additional Insured Provision: The contractor shall add the, “Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System, its officers, employees, and agents” as an additional insured under the commercial general liability, automobile or other policy as specified by the University.

Special Event Insurance

Groups unable to provide insurance for their event may be able to purchase coverage through the University’s Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy (TULIP) special events insurance program. This is a liability protection designed for Student Organizations or other groups that host activities on a UW-Eau Claire campus that are not included in the University’s insurance program.

Types of events that may need a TULIP
    • concerts
    • exhibitions
    • dances
    • festivals
    • political rallies
    • recreational events
    • sporting events
    • parades
    • conventions
    • any other event that may pose a liability threat (Risk Management can advise you on this)
Instructions for purchasing a TULIP
  1. Click here to go to the Quick Quote webpage
  2. Follow the prompts to enter information about your event
    1. Excess coverage choice is optional based on your organization’s decisions (unless otherwise required by UW-Eau Claire Risk Management for higher risk events)
    2. Alcohol use at an event must be granted in writing by UW-Eau Claire
  3. If acceptable, complete the Purchase Coverage information, ensuring the full legal name of your organization is included in the Event Title field. For example, "UW-Eau Claire Recreation Shamrock Shuffle".
  4. To bind coverage, click Submit.
  5. A Certificate of Insurance will be emailed to both you and UW-Eau Claire Risk Management.

Campus Sponsored Events

University departments are covered by the UW System’s statutory liability coverage for events that are within the scope of their mission. University departments may also sponsor events held on campus, but unless there is significant oversight of the event by faculty/staff in the department, the statutory liability coverage MAY not extend to the specific activity being sponsored. In that case, the organization that is hosting the event, may need to purchase Special Events insurance coverage, if they do not already have a liability policy. Contact Risk Management for case review.

UW-Eau Claire units requiring proof of insurance for campus sponsored events or assistance with their off-campus sponsored event may contact Risk Management, Safety & Sustainability.


Policies & Procedures
We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message