- Biomedical Instrumentation and Measurements
- Medical Devices and Implantable Systems
- Wearable Diagnostics and Electroceutical Therapies
- Biomedical Signals and Systems
Research and Creative Activities
- Bioinstrumentation, and development of wearable and implantable medical systems
- Signal acquisition and analysis of human physiological variables
- Motility disorders and electroceutical therapies for gastrointestinal dysfunctions
- Bioimpedance analysis and electrical impedance tomography
- Biomedical systems modeling
- Ph.D., Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy (Electronic Engineering)
- M.Sc., Polytechnic University of Turin, Italy (Electronic Engineering)
- B.Sc., Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Iran (Electrical Engineering)
- A. Javan-Khoshkholgh, and A. Farajidavar, "Simultaneous Wireless Power and Data Transfer: Methods to Design Robust Medical Implants for Gastrointestinal Tract," in IEEE Journal of Electromagnetics, RF and Microwaves in Medicine and Biology (JERM), May 2021, DOI: 10.1109/JERM.2021.3084516.
- A. Javan-Khoshkholgh and A. Farajidavar, "An Extended-Range Inductive Near-Field Telemetry System for High-Resolution Mapping of Gastrointestinal Activity," IEEE conference of Engineering in Medicine & Biology Society (EMBC), 2020, pp. 4217-4220.
- A. Javan-Khoshkholgh, W. Alrofati, S. Naidu-Naidugari, J. Sassoon, P. gharibani, J. Chen, A. Farajidavar “System and Methodology to Study and Stimulate Gastric Electrical Activity in Small Freely-Behaving Animals”, Journal of Bioelectronics in Medicine, vol. 2, issue 3, pp. 127–138, November 2019.
- A. Javan-Khoshkholgh, J. C. Sassoon and A. Farajidavar, "A Wireless Rechargeable Implantable System for Monitoring and Pacing the Gut in Small Animals," IEEE Conference of Biomedical Circuits and Systems Conference (BioCAS), 2019, pp. 1-4.
- A. Javan-Khoshkholgh, A. Farajidavar “An Implantable Inductive Near-Field Communication System with 64 Channels for Acquisition of Gastrointestinal Bioelectrical Activity”, Journal of Sensors, vol. 19, no. 12, pp. E2810, June 2019.
- A. Javan-Khoshkholgh, W. Alrofati, L. S. Miller, A. Vegesna, M. Kiani and A. Farajidavar, "A High-Resolution Wireless Power Transfer and Data Communication System for Studying Gastric Slow Waves," IEEE Conference Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), 2019, pp. 3271-3274.
- R. Wang, Z. Abukhalaf, A. Javan-Khoshkholgh, T. Wang, S. Sathar, P. Du, T. Angeli, L. Cheng, G. O'Grady, N. Paskaranandavadivel, and A. Farajidavar, "A Miniature Configurable Wireless System for Recording Gastric Electrophysiological Activity and Delivering High-Energy Electrical Stimulation," IEEE Journal on Emerging and Selected Topics in Circuits and Systems (JETCAS), vol. 8, issue 2, pp. 221–229, June 2018.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE EMBS).