How to access Student Opportunity Center
A national database of opportunities of interest to student researchers. Find conferences, summer research opportunities, internships, journals to publish in, and funding possibilities. Includes local and regional opportunities as well.
How to Access Student Opportunity Center
- Go to www.studentopportunitycenter.com
- Sign up or Log in (upper right corner), set up password
- Once in, first select “Interests” in the menu on the left. “Add” any subject areas you would like to know about opportunities in.
- Return to “Home” and you will now see two opportunities selected for each of your “Interests.”
- If you want to see more opportunities in your area, type your interest area into the search bar on the top left of the white part of the page.
- You can narrow the search by selecting “categories” of opportunities from the menu on the left.
On each opportunity, you can mark it as a favorite (with the heart in the lower left) and it will appear in a favorites list on the menu to the left.
- Other options are “applied” and “participated.” These are tracked at the link called “Participation” on the menu to the left. By using these features you also help UW-Eau Claire know whether this system is useful.
- To find more local opportunities, on the Search page select “My Community” in the upper left. This will show you opportunities not in the database that UW-Eau Claire uploaded. You can also get there by clicking on “Community” at the top of the home page.
- The database sometimes has errors in the update of individual opportunities, so be sure to use the actual website of the opportunity to base any planning or applications on.