Center of Excellence
For Faculty + Undergraduate Student Research Collaboration
The Center of Excellence for Faculty and Undergraduate Student Research Collaboration was established at UW-Eau Claire in 1988 by action of the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System. This Center was built on a quarter-century tradition of engaging students in collaborative research with faculty scholars and incorporating research into the undergraduate experience.
The goals of the Center include:
- Enhancing the quality of undergraduate education by providing students with an opportunity to participate with faculty in research projects
- Keeping the undergraduate curriculum vital and updated by incorporating the results of current research into the curriculum
- Facilitating collaborative research among faculty and students representing diverse undergraduate programs in order to identify and address problems requiring multidisciplinary solutions
- Encouraging undergraduate students by way of their successful research to consider advanced studies in their disciplines
The Center provides students with an opportunity for experience in research, scholarly and creative activity, and presentation of results through a number of programs that provide grant support opportunities for faculty and students engaged in collaborative research. These programs include:
- Student-Faculty Research Collaboration
- Summer Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Summer Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL)
- Diversity Mentoring Program
Funding for Travel to Present Research
- Kell Container Corporation Scholarship for Student-Faculty Collaborative Research
- James R. and Vicki Lord Larson Undergraduate Research Fellowship
In addition, the annual UW-Eau Claire Celebration of Excellence in Research and Creative Activity (CERCA) is held during the spring semester to disseminate the results of student scholarly activities. Student participation in the annual UW System Symposium for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity and the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) is supported and facilitated.
UW-Eau Claire is now an enhanced member of CUR, the Council on Undergraduate Research. All employees can sign up to receive member benefits. Check the CUR Membership list to determine if you are already a member. If not, sign up at the CUR Membership Webpage.