Online Courses, Degrees, and Certificate Programs

Each term, UW-Eau Claire offers online courses and programs that allow you to earn college credit at times and from locations that are convenient for you.

How to Find Online Courses

  1. Access MyBlugold CampS, UWEC's course registration system (logging in is not necessary to browse courses)
  2. Choose the desired term using the drop-down arrow. 
  3. Expand Additional Search Criteria and select online in Mode of Instruction.

Please note: these instructions will show only open classes. If you wish to see all online courses in a given term, you must uncheck the Show Open Classes Only box.
Not a current UWEC student? Students desiring to take a class or two who have not been admitted to UW-Eau Claire are called "special" students. For information on registering, see Special Student Registration information.

Online Undergraduate Degrees

Are you a Registered Nurse who would like to return to school and earn a Bachelors Degree in Nursing? The BSN@Home program is an opportunity to get a degree from a prestigious University of Wisconsin institution, without disrupting your work or family life by traveling to a campus regularly. A majority of coursework is done online, but some of the participating institutions do require at least one class on the campus. This program is for Wisconsin residents only.

Online Graduate Degrees and Certificate Programs

Master of Science in Data Science
Designed for busy adults, the 12-course, 36-credit University of Wisconsin online Master of Science in Data Science will teach you how to clean, organize, analyze, and interpret unstructured data, deriving knowledge and communicating your discoveries clearly using sophisticated visualization techniques and other means. Expert faculty, flexible schedules, and no GMAT or GRE admission requirements are just a few of the program’s advantages.

Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Our 30-credit Consortium MBA program is designed for people like you - business people, engineers, health care providers and others interested in moving ahead in their careers.

Foundations of Business Certificate
Our 13-credit certificate is designed for those without an undergraduate degree in business who want to increase their business knowledge and skills. Courses can be applied towards the MBA program course prerequisites.

Communication Sciences and Disorders Online Master's Degree
Are you interested in becoming a Speech-Language Pathologist? Earn your master's degree Communication Sciences and Disorders Online through UW-Eau Claire. This is a part-time program that takes three years to complete and includes two short summer visits to Eau Claire. 

Director of Special Education and Pupil Services (DSEPS)
The demand for Directors of Special Education and Pupil Services is increasing dramatically. Join the new generation of dynamic leaders who will develop innovative special education services that are fully responsive to the future! This 13-credit graduate program leads to Wisconsin DPI certification (License Code 80).

Continuing Education Online Courses

 UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education / Extension offers a wide variety of credit and noncredit online courses for Educators and Speech-Language Pathologists.

Noncredit Professional Development and Personal Enrichment Classes

More than 300 non-credit online programs are available through a partnership between UW-Eau Claire Continuing Education and Education To Go (Ed2go), a provider of adult continuing education programs for more than 1,500 leading colleges, universities, and other educational institutions.

Ed2go offers a wide range of highly interactive non-credit courses that you can take entirely over the Internet. All of our courses are taught by Ed2go instructors, many of whom are nationally known authors. Our online courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, and geared just for you. Most courses offer 2.5 CEUS; health care topics offer 3.0 CEUs. A variety of certificate programs are also available.

Online Resources 

UWEC currently uses Desire2Learn (D2L) for web-based and web-enhanced instruction and Kaltura for video storage and recording. The D2L & Kaltura for students help guide page contains more information about these systems. Learning and Technology Services offers technology training and a technology Help Desk.  

Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL) staff can assist instructors who are teaching online. The CETL website contains more information. If you are a UWEC instructor seeking assistance, email 

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message