Looking for an excellent College of Business? Check out our stats! Here are 10 reasons why you should become a University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Business Blugold. We also invite you to learn how we prepare our students for success by attending a Business Preview Day.
We are highly employable.
- 98% of recent COB grads were employed or continuing their education according to the 2014-15 UW-Eau Claire First Destination Survey, the university's latest survey.
We are great communicators.
- 94.1% of our COB alums felt well prepared to write effectively; 94% felt well prepared to speak or present ideas effectively.
We are technically savvy.
- We used SAP in 7 business classes exposing 1,442 students in 2015 to this enterprise-wide software. Because most Fortune 500 companies use SAP, our students have greater employment options.
We are engaged.
- 92% of our graduating seniors report having participated in at least one high impact learning experience during their college career.
- 75% have completed one or more internships.
- 49% have completed an applied class project for a community organization.
- 28% have attended a professional conference or workshop off campus.
We explore the world.
- 21% of our graduating seniors report that they have studied abroad. The most popular programs are in England, Australia, and India.
We can hold our own with some of the best.
- Our combined 2015 CPA pass rate for first time test takers with a bachelor's degree was 61.1%. The national pass rate was 49.8%.
- Our HR students continually out preform all other student groups in the U.S. on the Society for Human Resource Management Assurance of Learning exam. For the 5th year in a row their pass rate has been 20-30% higher than the national pass rate.
- The Blugold sales team has finished in the Top 10 at the National Collegiate Sales Competition 9 times since 2003, the first year we attend the NCSC.
- Our American Marketing Association chapter was named the 2016 Best International Chapter. It has been a Top 8 Chapter in North America 8 times since 2009.
- Our APICS chapter has been recognized nationally as a Platinum Circle Chapter 12 times.
We are leaders.
- 71% of our graduating seniors belonged to at least one UWEC student organization. 30% have held a leadership position
- 93.3% of our alums felt their undergrad experience prepared them to assume a leadership role.
Our programs maintain the highest quality standards.
- We are accredited by AACSB International -- only 5% of all business schools worldwide have achieved this recognition.
- Our health care administration program is accredited by the National Association of Long Term Care Administrator Boards -- only 11 HCAD programs in the U.S. are NAB accredited.
We are serious about teaching and academic advising.
- 0 courses in the COB are taught by teaching assistants.
- Our business faculty have received the university-wide Excellence in Teaching award 16 times since it was established in 1966. Learn more about our faculty
- 72.1% of our alums were very satisfied/satisfied with the advising they received in the College of Business.
Our alums are proud to be Business Blugolds.
- 93% of our alums would choose to attend UW-Eau Claire again.
- 93% rate the value of their education as equal to or exceeding their expectations, given the cost of education and their investment of time and effort.
- 93.3% were very satisfied/satisfied with the courses in their major.
- 95.3% were very satisfied/satisfied with their ability to access faculty who teach these courses.