The following is an overview of work completed since Aug. 1 and expected in the next 30 days on the UW-Eau Claire Garfield Avenue redevelopment project. Also see an updated bird's-eye view of the project in the recent video above.
Work completed since Aug. 1
- Completed waterproofing, insulating and backfilling all steam pits and box conduit.
- Finished reconstruction of south end of footbridge.
- Brought soil at south end of footbridge to final elevation.
- Completed capping of steam line on Garfield Avenue.
- Installed asphalt at west end of project site reconnecting the base of the campus hill and Putnam Drive.
- Began installation of concrete walkways from base of campus hill toward McIntyre Library.
- Completed installation of footbridge access walkways.
- Installed fencing along footbridge access walkways.
- Completed installation of power and data infrastructure for walkway and street lighting along Garfield Avenue.
- Completed box conduit for steam lines between Phillips and Schneider halls.
- Began new surface treatments installation on Roosevelt Avenue.
- Restored hot water service to Thomas and Putnam residence halls.
Work to be completed in next 30 days
- Continue pouring concrete walkways from west to east on both sides of project.
- Restore hot water service to McIntyre Library and campus facilities on north side of Chippewa River.
- Put down granite base course in outdoor classroom area near Putnam Park.
- Backfill with topsoil along walkways near Thomas and Putnam halls and outdoor classroom.
- Begin installing sidewalk pavers in front of Schofield Hall and in “Blugold Mixer” area.
- Begin concrete footings for Chippewa Lounge area along riverfront.
- Pour concrete for McIntyre Library loading dock.
- Continue mass grading of project area from west to east.
For more information and ongoing updates about UW-Eau Claire construction projects, visit uwec.ly/future.