The following is an overview of work completed since May 1 and expected in the next 30 days on the UW-Eau Claire Garfield Avenue redevelopment project:
Work completed since May 1
- Installed first two steam pits at base of Garfield Avenue hill.
- Completed installation of steam and condensate lines between first two steam pits.
- Excavated and completed first stage of construction for third and fourth steam pits.
- Poured and formed concrete box conduit for steam lines between third and fourth steam pits.
- Installed sanitary sewer water main from Putnam Hall to Schofield Hall.
- Took old steam system offline and removed it.
- Installed barrier fencing on Chippewa River footbridge.
- Removed ramp and steps at south end of Chippewa River footbridge.
Work to be completed in next 30 days
- Install steam and condensate lines between third and fourth steam pits.
- Install lateral steam and condensate lines to Thomas and Putnam residence halls.
- Insulate steam and condensate lines between first and second steam pits.
- Install steam pit concrete box and conduit caps between first and second steam pits.
- Backfill trenches and begin grading to final elevation at south end of project site.
- Additional demolition at south end of footbridge, including removal of south- and west-facing walls to allow steam pit access.
For more information and ongoing updates about UW-Eau Claire construction projects, visit uwec.ly/future.