The following is an overview of work completed since June 1 and expected in the next 30 days on the UW-Eau Claire Garfield Avenue redevelopment project. Also see a bird's-eye view of the project in this recent video.
Work completed since June 1
- Installed steam and condensate lines from first through fourth steam pits.
- Installed steam pit concrete box and conduit caps between first and second steam pits.
- Backfilled trenches and began grading to final elevation at base of Garfield Avenue hill on west end of project site.
- Completed demolition at south end of footbridge, including removal of south- and west-facing walls.
- Completed steam pit replacement under south end of footbridge.
- Removed surface treatments on Roosevelt Avenue just south of Schneider Hall to prepare for utilities replacement work.
Work to be completed in next 30 days
- Complete installation of lateral steam and condensate lines to Thomas and Putnam residence halls.
- Continue grading to final elevation at base of Garfield hill on west end of project site.
- Waterproof, insulate and backfill steam pits and box conduit installed to date.
- Begin reconstruction of south end of footbridge.
- Replace water, sewer and sanitary utilities on Roosevelt Avenue; start replacement of steam line between Phillips and Schneider halls.
- Start installation of power and data infrastructure for walkway and street lighting beginning on west end of Garfield Avenue.
For more information and ongoing updates about UW-Eau Claire construction projects, visit uwec.ly/future.