The following is an overview of work completed since July 1 and expected in the next 30 days on the UW-Eau Claire Garfield Avenue redevelopment project. Also see an updated bird's-eye view of the project in this recent video.
Work completed since July 1
- Completed installation of lateral steam and condensate lines to Thomas and Putnam residence halls.
- Finished grading to final elevation at base of Garfield hill on west end of project site.
- Installed curb and gutter for U-shaped curve at base of campus hill and for future Putnam and Thomas halls parking area.
- Replaced water, sewer and sanitary utilities on Roosevelt Avenue alongside Schneider Hall.
- Removed old steam lines between Phillips and Schneider halls.
- Began installation of power and data infrastructure for walkway and street lighting along Garfield Avenue, beginning on west end of project.
- Enlarged steam pit at south end of footbridge.
Work to be completed in next 30 days
- Continue to waterproof, insulate and backfill steam pits and box conduit installed to date.
- Finish reconstruction of south end of footbridge.
- Bring soil at south end of footbridge to final elevation.
- Continue installation of power and data infrastructure for walkway and street lighting along Garfield Avenue.
- Cap remainder of steam line on Garfield Avenue.
- Install asphalt at west end of project site reconnecting the base of the campus hill and Putnam Drive.
- Begin installation of concrete walkways from base of campus hill toward McIntyre Library.
- Begin installation of footbridge access walkways.
- Pour box conduit for steam lines between Phillips and Schneider halls.
- Install new surface treatments on Roosevelt Avenue.
For more information and ongoing updates about UW-Eau Claire construction projects, visit uwec.ly/future.