Chancellor James Schmidt will discuss the integration of UW-Eau Claire and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County from noon-1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6. His presentation will kick off the "Thursdays @ the U" lecture and performance series for the fall semester.
Schmidt's presentation, "Creating the Future of UW-Eau Claire – Barron County," will be held in the Blue Hills Lecture Hall (Ritzinger Hall Room 234) on the Rice Lake campus, 1800 College Drive.
The series will continue throughout the semester with the following presentations:
- Sept. 13: Charles Cohen, professor emeritus, UW-Madison, "Jews & Muslims in Christian America."
- Sept. 20: Michael Draney, professor of biology, UW-Green Bay, "Spiders: Tiny Tool-Using Tigers."
- Sept. 27: Cecelia Cole, academic librarian, UW-Eau Claire – Barron County, "Banned Books Read Out."
- Oct. 4: Timothy Holian, senior lecturer, world languages, UW-Rock County, "Wisconsin's Beers & Breweries After Prohibition."
- Oct. 11: Cheyne Taylor, technical writer and UW-Eau Claire – Barron County alumna, "Out at Work: Being Transgender."
- Oct. 18: Nikki Janisin, executive director, Hunt Hill Audubon Sanctuary (Sarona), "Butterflies of Wisconsin."
- Oct. 25: Kristy Moran, domestic abuse victim coordinator, Barron County, "Ending Domestic Violence."
- Nov. 1: William Kent Krueger, novelist and crime writer, "The Transformative Power of Stories."
- Nov. 8: Justin Peck, actor/director, "Masters of Silent Film Comedy."
- Nov. 15: John la Forge, director, Nukewatch, "Land-Based Missiles: Dangerous, Useless, Expensive."
- Nov. 29: Jinxuan (Allen) Cong, international student, UW-Eau Claire – Barron County, "Dalian: China's Romantic City."
- Dec. 6: Michael Borstad, associate lecturer, world languages, UW-Eau Claire – Barron County, "My Family's Love Affair with Argentina."
- Dec. 13: Michael Duncan, news director, WJMC/WAQE/WKFX, "Local Media vs. National Media."
For more information, contact Dr. Linda Tollefsrud, professor emeritus of psychology, UW Colleges, at email@example.com or 715-234-8176, ext. 5417.