Nothing says fall quite like UW-Eau Claire sweatshirts, a brisk morning walk down the hill, pumpkin spice lattes and yes, you guessed it, UW-Eau Claire Homecoming. It's all happening very soon, and it's time to get familiar with the calendar of exciting events.
On behalf of the Alumni Association, the student body, athletics and the rest of campus, Jane Larson, alumni engagement coordinator, invites all to attend.
"We invite everyone back to campus, with so many activities, gatherings and celebrations throughout the week, there is camaraderie to enjoy for all things Blugold," Larson said. "From the 50-year reunion of our Golden Blugolds, to Varsity Night Live, the parade, the game and the Blugold Marching Band's celebration of director Randy Dickerson's 20th year — we have it all. Come and take part in any or all the events."
Homecoming Week activities for students
Here are some of the highlights of the week for students, along with a link to the fully detailed schedule.
- Oct. 6: Blugold Window Painting. Registered teams will window paint their best version of Blugold spirit or the theme “River Town Showdown” beginning at 4 p.m. on the north windows of Davies Center.
- Oct. 7: Homecoming Royalty campaigning begins, 11 a.m. Corn Roast Spirit Kickoff, FreaQweek live music, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Campus Mall.
- Oct. 9: Games on Campus Mall. Scooter races, water balloon toss, giant tic-tac-toe, tug of war, 4 p.m.
- Oct. 10: Laser Tag on Towers field (rain site TBD), 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- Oct. 11: Varsity Night Live Show, announcement of Homecoming royalty, 7 p.m., Zorn Arena.
- Oct. 12: Homecoming Parade and Football Game. Parade begins at 10 a.m. and proceeds from Lake Street to Water Street along First Avenue/Owen Park; Blugold Tailgate Party, Carson Park, 11 a.m., Blugold Football vs. UW-River Falls at Carson Park, 1:10 p.m., Blugold soccer vs. Ripon College, 2 p.m., Bollinger Fields.
- Oct. 13: Adopt-A-Block city cleanup on Water Street, 1 p.m.
See full details for all Homecoming Events 2019.
Homecoming events for alumni and friends
In addition to the action-packed student event lineup, the UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association will host several events for alumni and friends. These include:
- Oct. 11-12: Golden Blugold Days. For Blugold alumni Class of 1969 and earlier. Register here as Golden Blugold.
- Oct. 11: Garfield Avenue Mall Dedications. 2-2:30 p.m. Meet at Stowe Family Gateway, proceed to Stowe Family Fountain at Schofield Hall and end at Stowe and Leary Family Outdoor Classroom.
- Oct. 11: Blugold Hall of Fame Class of 2019 Induction. 4:30 p.m. Register here.
- Oct. 11: Greek Week Alumni Homecoming Mixer. 7:30-10 p.m., The Cabin, Davies Center.
- Oct. 12: Nursing Alumni Homecoming Walk. 8 a.m., Nursing Building. Nursing Walk details and registration.
- Oct. 13: College of Business Alumni Bash. 10 a.m., Dulany Inn, Davies Center. Make a brunch reservation.
For complete details on all UW-Eau Claire Alumni Association events, see their 2019 Homecoming events page.
We hope to see you on campus and at Carson Park taking in the variety of fun-filled events aimed at celebrating what it means to be a Blugold of any age. If you have questions about alumni events, please contact the Alumni Association at email@example.com.