UW-Eau Claire faculty and staff are provided the following construction-related reminders as the 2017-18 academic year officially begins on Aug. 21:
- The university footbridge remains closed until Aug. 28. Until the bridge reopens, pedestrian and bicycle traffic between the north and south sides of lower campus must travel via the Water Street bridge and Park Avenue or State Street.
- The Garfield Avenue hill remains closed to pedestrians until Aug. 28. Until then, pedestrians should use the wooden stairs between the Phillips parking lot and McPhee Physical Education Center when traveling between upper and lower campus.
- Through Sept. 1, parking for “F” permit holders will be available in any stall posted as F/S in the Hibbard, Phillips, HSS and Water Street lots.
- Beginning Sept. 5, parking in the Hibbard and Phillips lots will return to the configurations from the spring 2017 semester. The Hibbard lot will be for “F,” “G” and ADA permit holders only, as posted. The Phillips lot will include areas designated for “G,” “F,” and “S” permit holders, as well as ADA-accessible parking and stalls reserved for visiting prospective students and metered stalls.
- In a change from last academic year and in continuation from this summer, all formerly designated “F” and “S” stalls in the Water Street and HSS parking lots will remain open to both “F” and “S” permit holders. ADA-accessible parking and stalls for “G” permit holders will remain unchanged in those lots.
For more information
- Questions regarding campus parking should be directed to Blugold Central at 715-836-3000.
- Watch UW-Eau Claire’s construction page, uwec.ly/future, for future construction-related updates.