UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff, and alumni as well as community members are invited to head to campus May 2-3 for big Blugold happenings during the Eau Claire Marathon.
This year, runners — an expected 3,500 of them — will follow a course that takes them through the UW-Eau Claire campus. The following are ways to be a part of the "Blugold Mile."
- Join Team Blugold. UW-Eau Claire students, faculty and staff, and alumni are encouraged to run in the race (the full marathon, full relay marathon and half marathon all will go through campus) as a part of Team Blugold on Sunday, May 3. They will join more than 80 current UW-Eau Claire students who are running the race as part of their kinesiology class. Special shirts are available for runners to show off their Blugold pride (see details below).
- Join the crowds on campus for a scenic vantage point from which to watch the race and cheer on the competitors as they pass the 24-mile mark. Water and cheering stations, appearances by Blu, UW-Eau Claire's student mascot, and fun spectator activities are being planned.
- Carbo-load. Students, faculty and staff, and alumni are invited to attend Blu's Pasta Feed from 6-8 p.m. Saturday, May 2, in Davies Center (ticket information below).
For more information about the Eau Claire Marathon and to register for one of the races, go to www.eauclairemarathon.com. To join Team Blugold when registering, select Team Blugold and enter the password UWEC.
Those already registered who want to join Team Blugold should do the following: If you have not already joined another team, (1) go to http://www.active.com; (2) select "Sign in" in the upper right corner and log in; (3) click on your name in the upper right to select "My Events"; (4) select "Join team" to join Team Blugold–UWEC. (Note: Those who have already joined another team should contact the Team Blugold captain, Matt Evans, at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Students, faculty and staff, and alumni can order Team Blugold performance T-shirts and Blu's Pasta Feed tickets at the Online Marketplace. Prices are as follows:
- Blu's Pasta Feed: Adults and teens, $15; kids ages 5-12, $6.50; kids 4 and under, free.
- Team Blugold performance T-shirts: $15.
Plan now to join us May 2-3!