UW-Eau Claire will present "The Sing-Off, UW-Eau Claire A Cappella Gives Back," a concert and fundraiser at 7:30 p.m. March 14 in Schofield Auditorium.
Hosted by WQOW News 18's Emily Valerio and judged by local celebrity guests, Chancellor Jim Schmidt, Cathy Reitz and Nikki Harper, UWEC A Cappella is proud to present an exciting evening of a cappella competition, all to support their favorite charities.
The event offers a way for the popular musical groups to team up and give back to organizations they are passionate about. The groups will compete for audience votes (ticket stubs and dollar bills) and the charity with the highest number of votes will be awarded 50 percent of the proceeds. The other four charities will receive the remaining 50 percent. Everyone wins!
The UW-Eau Claire branch of US Bank has also contributed a generous donation of $1,000 to the event's charities.
Participants' ticket purchases and donations will help support the following charities:
- Audacious, performing for the Sojourner House
- Callisto, performing for the Emily Program
- Fifth Element, performing for the Alzheimer's Association
- Impromptu, performing for the Jed Foundation
- Innocent Men, performing for the Michael J. Fox Foundation