Congratulations! You have lined up an internship for the summer. Here are some important things you need to know if you want to get academic credit for this experience or have it noted on your transcript.
To receive academic credit
- Your experience must be pre-approved. For approval, use this eform.
- You must be a declared major in the area that you would like to get the internship in.
- You must have at least junior status.
- You must have completed (or be concurrently enrolled in) the introductory BUSCORE course for your major -- either MGMT 345 or MTKG 335 for international business majors, MGMT 340 for management majors, and MKTG 330 for marketing majors.
- If the internship is with a “for profit” organization, you must be paid for the internship.
- You must be enrolled in an internship course (BSAD 398, 498; MGMT 398, 498; MKTG 398, 498) AT THE SAME TIME as you are taking the internship.
- You may use a maximum of three credits of internship credit toward your major. A one-credit internship equals approximately 150 hours worked.
To have an internship noted on your transcript (no academic credit is given)
- You may complete an internship as a freshman, sophomore, junior, or senior.
- You do not have to complete (or be concurrently enrolled in) the introductory BUSCORE course for your major.
- Your internship must be pre-approved, and an evaluation must be done by your employer at the end of the experience. For approval, use this eform.
- There is no limit on the number of internships you can complete.
View for more information about Department of Management and Marketing internships.
Questions? Contact the following people for internship information: