Twelve University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire business students will travel to New Orleans to attend the 36th Annual American Marketing Association International Collegiate Conference, April 10–12, 2014. The three day conference is expected to draw over 1,300 students, faculty members and marketing professionals.
Attending the conference from UW-Eau Claire are the following students:
- Adam Borremans, a senior communications major from Green Bay, WI.
- Mike Boucher, a senior marketing major from Beaver Dam, WI.
- Phil Dickinson, a senior marketing analytics major from Weston, WI.
- Nate Guralski, a junior marketing major from Marathon, WI.
- Katherine Hammel, a marketing analytics major from Waukesha, WI.
- Lydia Harrer, a senior creative writing major from Weyauwega, WI.
- Matt Havlichek, a senior marketing and psychology double major from Suamico, WI.
- Paige Kachichian, a senior marketing major from Eau Claire, WI.
- Megan Lipari, a senior marketing analytics major from Austin, MN.
- Dave Lynch, a senior professional sales marketing major from Lake Elmo, MN.
- Dallas Opelt, a senior IS, Systems Development major from Wauwatosa, WI.
- Ariel Wegner, a senior marketing major from Marshfield, WI.
On April 10, the UW-Eau Claire case team consisting of Boucher, Dickinson, Guralski, Hammel, and Lipari will compete in the final round of the 2014 AMA International Collegiate Case Competition. This year’s case challenged teams to develop a comprehensive re-launch campaign for Take 5, a Hershey Company chocolate snack that combines pretzels, caramel, peanuts and peanut butter. » Learn more at www.uwec.edu/COB/info/news/2014_2_12.htm
UW-Eau Claire students will also compete in the SABRE Business Simulation on April 10, a marketing strategy competition held April 11–12, and the Northwestern Mutual Sales Competition on April 12. The UW-Eau Claire chapter has also submitted entries for seven events/awards which will be judged prior to the conference. The winners will be announced at the Competition Ceremony on April 11 and the Collegiate Chapters awards banquet on April 12.
On April 12, UW-Eau Claire AMA faculty adviser Dr. Scott Swanson will moderate the student panel presentation, “Become a Top Chapter – Tips from the 2013 Platinum/Gold Chapters.” Members of the panel include students from UW-Eau Claire as well as from Pennsylvania State University, Texas State University, and University of Wisconsin–Whitewater.
AMA is a student-run professional business organization that offers students opportunities to learn essential skills and leadership to prepare for a future in business. For more information about AMA contact Ariel Wegner, UW-Eau Claire AMA president, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the AMA website at www.uwecama.org.