Another school year has started which means the American Marketing Association has announced the start of its annual international collegiate case competition. This year's challenge: to develop a marketing campaign for vitaminwater® that kindles brand relevance and preference among young consumers.
The UW-Eau Claire AMA chapter regularly participate in this annual competition. In fact, the UW-Eau Claire chapter has been a Top Ten finalist the past three years.Members of this year's team are as follows:
- Brandon Boogren, a marketing major from Hastings, MN
- Krista Fedor, a marketing major from McFarland, WI
- Anna Hildibrandt, a professional sales marketing major from New Ulm, MN
- Cherie Minske, a marketing major from Northfield, MN
- Shane Motszko, a management major from Arcadia, WI
- Whitney Nyholm, an accounting major from Buffalo, MN
- Olivia Otterness, a professional sales marketing major from Red Wing, MN
- Michaela Perz, an undeclared major from Buffalo, MN
- Jeff Skaer, a business administration major from Holmen, WI.
Dr. Scott Swanson, Department of Management and Marketing, is the team's faculty adviser.
The UW-Eau Claire team will meet weekly during the fall semester to work on the case. They will submit a written version of their campaign to AMA in December. A blind review process is used to evaluate all submissions. Based on the evaluations of the professional judges, the AMA Collegiate Chapter Council Selection Committee selects the Top 10 finalists. These teams will present their campaigns to a panel of vitaminwater® executives during the AMA Annual International Collegiate Conference in New Orleans, March 19-21, 2015.
Krista Fedor is excited to be a part of the 2014-15 UW-Eau Claire team.
"The AMA case competition is the perfect way to gain real world business experience and build your resume while working with a group of awesome people," said Fedor. "I'm excited to put my creativity to good use while learning more about the enhanced water industry."
For more information, contact Phil Dickinson, AMA student chapter president.