The Chinese Program is very proud to share that five Blugolds participated and achieved various honors in the 18th Annual Wisconsin Chinese Language Speech Contest on April 17th.
This annual contest, organized by the Wisconsin Association of Chinese Language Teachers, welcomes all the Chinese learners from K-16 schools within Wisconsin to compete in various categories and at various levels. It is a great opportunity for the learners to demonstrate their language proficiency, connect with each other and enhance their confidence.
Since 2015, Blugolds in the Chinese program have competed in this annual event to showcase their learning motivation, enthusiasm and language skills. This year, the event was held online due to the pandemic. Despite the new format, all Blugolds did an incredible job, and presented their stories ranging from the value of heritage cultural backgrounds to the importance of being a polyglot.
These five Blugolds competed with college students from three other institutes in Wisconsin. They were not only proud of their awards but also appreciated the opportunity to learn from others. The Chinese Program is very proud of these Blugolds’ passion, dedication and achievements.
- Nancy Lin: 1st place in the Heritage University category.
- Jaiah Pha: 1st place in the Non-Heritage University Intermediate category.
- Zhia Lee: 3rd place in the Non-Heritage University Intermediate category.
- Martin Kocher: 3rd place in the Non-Heritage University Intermediate category.
- Ivy Jones: 2nd place in the Non-Heritage University Beginner category.