UW-Eau Claire will conduct a campuswide test of Omnilert, the university’s emergency notification system, at approximately 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 19.
UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff and students who have not yet subscribed to Omnilert are encouraged to do so before the campuswide test. See the Emergency Information webpage for information about how to subscribe.
The test will include the following notification methods:
- A text message to cell phones that have been registered in the university’s emergency notification system.
- A pop-up message on all university-owned computers, including those in offices, labs and classrooms.
- An email to all students, faculty and staff, including non-campus email addresses registered in the emergency notification system.
- A message on digital signs in campus buildings.
- An announcement on the UW-Eau Claire home page.
- Posts from UW-Eau Claire's Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- A campuswide interior and exterior public address system announcement.
The test will help university officials determine how an alert will impact the campus and communication infrastructure. Following the test, faculty, staff and students will be asked to complete a brief survey to provide feedback regarding the emergency notification system.
Review active shooter incident protocols: As UW-Eau Claire tests its emergency notification system, this also is an appropriate time for students, faculty and staff to review campus protocols and recommendations for what to do should an active shooter incident occur on campus.