WEA 2017 Annual Conference
SAVE THE DATES – Friday, Saturday November 17, 18
The 2017 Wisconsin Economics Association (WEA) annual conference will be held at the Stevens Point, WI Holiday Inn Hotel and Convention Center on Friday and Saturday, November 17 and 18.
Click here for the 2017 Conference Program/Agenda
Call for Papers/Presentations & Sessions
The WEA invites submissions of individual papers/presentations or a session of 3-4 papers or presentations from all fields of economics and related disciplines for presentation at the 2021 annual conference.
Send submissions by e-mail to Dr. Praopan Pratoomchat at email@example.com with the following:
1. paper/presentation title(s),
2. name(s) and contact information for all author(s), and
3. abstract(s), max. 300 words, with keywords and appropriate JEL classification codes.
Click here to access the full call for papers/presentations and sessions.
*Submission Deadline is Wednesday, October 13th - All submissions are typically accepted
Click here to go to the Holiday Inn Stevens Point reservation website or call the Holiday Inn Stevens Point reservation desk at 715-344-0200 (press #3) to make your lodging reservations.
- Mention the Wisconsin Economics Association and the group block code WEA
- Ask for the state rate of $82 single or $109 double
- Priority lodging reservation deadline is October 31
Click here to register and pay for the conference online using a credit card.
- $60 for Undergraduate/Graduate Students
- $115 for Professionals BEFORE November 1
- $130 for Professionals AFTER November 1
- Advance online registration is preferred, but you can also register at the conference and pay by cash or check.
We are planning for 2-3 featured keynote/luncheon speakers this year, stay tuned for information on these speakers as they are scheduled.
We are also planning to host an Economics Quiz Bowl on Friday evening open for all to participate in with the winning team earning a small, but non-trivial monetary prize plus bragging rights for one year.
The WEA posts the presentations/papers for all conference participants on our website. We will do this every year to maintain an archive of the annual conference proceedings over time. Additionally, we hope to use this as a stepping stone to developing a WEA on-line journal of some type in the future.
- 2017 Conference Program/Agenda
- 2017 Conference Photos
- 2017 Conference Presentations
Contact Dr. Eric Jamelske, firstname.lastname@example.org, 715-836-3254 with any questions regarding any aspect of the WEA conference.
- 2016 WEA Archive
- 2015 WEA Archive
- 2014 WEA Archive