For the fourth year in a row University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire achieved top scores on the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Assurance of Learning exam. The online exam, which was launched in 2011, assesses whether seniors and recent graduates have the functional knowledge needed to be successful HR practitioners. The combined pass rate of UW-Eau Claire students who took the exam in 2014 was 91%--30% higher than the national pass rate. The UW-Eau Claire cohort also had the highest pass rate of any cohort taking the exam nationally in 2014.
"We have held this spot as the 'top cohort' since the SHRM Assurance of Learning Exam's inception," explained Dr. Scott Lester, UW-Eau Claire professor of management. "The fact that our students have done so well the past four years reflects positively on them and our program.
"The SHRM Assurance of Learning exam consists of 160 multiple choice questions that address HR concepts such as employment law,organizational development, compensation and benefits, and workforce planning and talent management. Students who pass the four-hour exam receive a certificate of learning. Student can take the SHRM exam anytime during their eligibility period which begins one year before graduation and ends one year after it. Individuals who do not pass may retake the test at another time within their eligibility period.
Twenty of the 22 UW-Eau Claire students who took the 2014 exam passed it. See below
"Passing the exam is an achievement students can proudly list on their resumes," said Lester. "It's a mark of excellence that differentiates them from others in the job market," he continued.
SHRM is the world's largest association devoted to human resource management. Representing more than 275,000 members in over 140 countries, the organization serves the needs of HR professionals and advances the interests of the HR profession.
"Passing the Assurance of Learning exam has given me confidence," said Brenna Glodowski, a UW-Eau Claire HR management major. "I know I have the competencies to succeed in my first HR position after graduation."
Congratulations to the following UWEC students and graduates who passed the 2014 SHRM Assurance of Learning Exam:
- Molly Beane, an HR management major from Kewaunee, WI
- Samantha Behling, a management major from Boyceville, WI
- Angela Denver, an HR management major from Cumberland, WI
- Bryan Deutsch, an HR management major from Birchwood, WI
- Brenna Glodowski, an HR management major from Bloomer, WI
- Danielle Hagedorn, an accounting and HR management double major from Wausau, WI
- Catherine Hanson, an HR management major from Bloomington, MN
- Jason Ketchem, an HR management major from Eau Claire, WI
- Krista Lambrecht, an HR management major from Chippewa Falls, WI
- Lauren Lieders, an HR management graduate from Colby, WI
- Megan Linder, an HR management graduate from Maple Grove, MN
- Sterling Rohlinger, a management major from Fitchburg, WI
- Derek Ruth, an HR management graduate from Eau Claire, WI
- Jonathan Schmidt, an HR management major from Francis Creek, WI
- Tyler Schuster, an HR management graduate from Cedarburg, WI
- Ellyn Simatic, an HR management major from Chanhassen, MN
- Heather Sundby, an HR management graduate from Marshfield, WI
- Shane Whittemore, an HR management major from Oregon, WI
- Xiangyi Xue, an HR management major from China
- Lauren Yanez, an HR management graduate from Blaine, MN.