Looking for an experience that is both educational and exciting?
Join University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire accounting professors DeeAnne Peterson-Meyer and Brenda Thalacker on a three-week immersion experience in China, May 23-June 10, 2016. Applications are being accepted now through February 2.
The program is open to undergraduate and graduate students. Undergrads can satisfy three credits of the university’s foreign culture requirement by enrolling in INTB 362/562.
Students will participate in a combination of of pre departure lessons, on-site lectures, and tours of important business and cultural sites in Hong Kong, Zhuhai, Macau and Guangzhou. They will study at the Zhuhai Campus of Jinan University in China's Guangdong Province. Lectures on business and culture will be taught in English by Jinan University faculty. UW-Eau Claire students will be paired with Chinese "buddies" who will help them navigate Chinese culture outside of the formal framework of the program. Past participants have rated spending time with their buddies as one of the highlights of the experience. See schedule below.
The estimated program cost is $4,457 for WI undergraduates and $7,105 for WI graduate students. Undergraduate participants will receive approximately of $2,250 of Faculty-Led International Immersion Experiences (FLIIE) funding to help subsidize the cost of the trip. They also can apply for a $1,500 scholarship.
Detailed information about the program (including cost information) can be found on the Center for International Education website. Questions? Contact DeeAnne Peterson-Meyer Department of Accounting and Finance.
Globalization in China Study Abroad Experience
May 23 - June 10, 2016
- Tue., May 24: Arrive in Hong Kong.
- Wed., May 25: Free day.
- Thu., May 26: Depart from Hong Kong to Zhuhai.
- Fri., May 27: Welcome ceremonies and introduction to buddies.
- Sat., May 28: Cultural visits around Zhuhai to include the New Yuanmin Palace, Meixi Royal Stone Archways and the Fishing Girl Statue.
- Sun., May 29: Trip to Macau.
- Mon., May 30: Business classes in the morning. Business tour in the afternoon.
- Tue., May 31: Chinese folk arts experience in the morning. Business tour in the afternoon.
- Wed., Jun 1: Chinese folk arts experience in the morning. Visit to the wet lands in the afternoon.
- Thu., Jun 2: Field trip to Hengqin business area in the morning. Company tour in the afternoon.
- Fri., Jun 3: Business classes in the morning. Traditional Chinese cooking class in the afternoon.
- Sat. Jun 4: Trip to Guangzhou.
- Sun., Jun. 5: Farewell dinner.
- Mon., Jun 6: Depart from Zhuhai to Hong Kong.
- Tue., Jun 7: Tour Hong Kong Island with visits to Victoria Peak, Repluse Bay, Stanley Market, and Aberdeen.
- Wed., Jun 8: Company tour in the morning. Visit to Lantau Island and the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery in the afternoon.
- Thu., Jun 9: Visit Ocean Park Hong Kong, a theme park featuring animal exhibits, thrill rides and shows.
- Fri., Jun 10: Depart to airport.