It's a party and you're invited!
Kick off the UW-Eau Claire Centennial Homecoming Weekend by attending the College of Business 50th Anniversary Bash, Friday, Sept. 30, from 5-8 pm in Schneider Hall.
Take a stroll down memory lane. This is a great time to reconnect with classmates and business faculty and staff. Snap a souvenir photo courtesy of Visit Eau Claire. Enjoy the sounds of Troppo Big Band Jazz Orchestra, directed by our very own management prof, Robert Heintz, and The Innocent Men. Tour Schneider and check out the activities hosted by the college's student organizations. See schedule below.
Brats, beer and wine will be available for purchase. Cake and other refreshments are on us.
RSVP. Let your friends know you are coming. RSVP on Facebook.
For more information. Contact a COB 50th Anniversary committee members: Faith Bogstad, Rick Foy, Nancy Hanson-Rasmussen, Tom Hilton, Cindy Hofacker, Gretchen Hutterli, Ben Kapsner, Bonnie Krahn, DeeAnne Peterson, Danielle Siegle, Nate Sproat, Jeri Weiser, Terry Wells, Tiffany Weiss
Schedule of Activities
UW-Eau Claire Schneider Hall
3:30 – 4:30 pm: COB Advisory Boards Joint Reception, Schneider 100.
5:00 - 8:00 pm: COB 50th Anniversary Alumni Bash.
The Innocent Men will serenade us while strolling Schneider Hall. Get in the mood listening to Troppo Big Band Jazz Orchestra directed by management prof Robert Heintz.
- Schneider Lobby. Meet Interim Dean Tim Vaughan. Fill out a name tag and get a schedule of events.
- Rm 100. No lecture today—just view photos from the college’s past.
- Rm 101, Hormel Team Lab. Be one of the first to sample Blugold Roast, a new coffee developed and marketed by the Collegiate Entrepreneur Organization (CEO). Coffee is available for sale. Meet our entrepreneur faculty.
- Rm 111. BUS—Beta Upsilon Sigma—our oldest business org, invites you to a popcorn social. View slides from the past. Find BUS advisors here.
- Rm 107. SMILE! Get your photo taken in the Visit Eau Claire photo booth.
- Rm 119. Meet the College of Business academic advisors.
- Rm 203, Cargill Collaboration Center. The Association of Information Technology Professionals, AITP for short, will showcase technology. Participate in a trivia contest with prizes. Learn about the T3 Conference. Meet IS faculty.
- Rm 216, Tietz McDonough BCOM Classroom. Collegiate DECA invites you to join them for root beer floats, games and other activities. Tour the BCOM Writing & Presentation Studio. Meet business communication faculty.
- Rm 224. Calling all Financial Management Association (or FMS) members. Stop by for snacks, photos, and a review of their stock portfolio. Meet finance faculty.
- Rm 225, Baker Tilley Room. It’s a beach party! Join the Student Accounting Society and Beta Alpha Psi for a slide show and other activities. Meet accounting faculty.
- Rm 226. Tour the new Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence with student members of the American College of Health Care Administrators. Meet health care administration faculty.
- Rm 306. Travel around the world with AIESEC. Learn more about this international group.
- Rm 312. Its Mardi Gras time! Join the American Marketing Association for beads, music, punch, and photos. Visit with marketing faculty.
- Rm 315. APICS is hosting a tailgate party and you’re invited. Learn more about this group. Meet ops/supply chain management faculty.
- Rm 316. The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) invites you to a cookie social. Learn about the group’s mentor and certificate programs. Meet HR faculty.
- Rm 318. Refresh your drink. Beer, wine, soda and water for purchase.
- Rm 321. Meet members of Beta Gamma Sigma Honor Society. Learn more about this prestigious group.
- Rm 322. Tour the Center for Sales and Sales Management with PSE and the Blugold Sales Team. Enjoy cheese and crackers while learning more about both groups. Visit with sales and marketing faculty.
Special thanks to our friends and sponsors
Corporate sponsors: Bauman Associates, Ltd., Carlson Wagonlit Travel, EY, General Beer, Hormel, Premium Waters, Inc., Senn Blacktop, Sodexo, Visit Eau Claire, Wipfli LLP. Individual donors: Peter & Martha Eckerline; the Hutterli-Erffmeyer Family; Monte & Mary Johnson; Tim, Jeff & Josh Olson; Rollin at Impact Advertising; Peter & Randi Scobie; Susan & Roger Tietz; Tim Vaughan.