The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business is pleased to welcome to campus the following candidates for the position of Dean:
- Dr. Joseph Daniels, Chair, Department of Economics; Co-Director of the Center for Global and Economic Studies, Marquette University, April 18-19.
- Dr. James Gross, Associate Provost for Academic Innovation & Strategic Initiative, Augsburg College, April 20-21.
- Dr. Amin Sarkar, Professor of Economics, Department of Accounting & Economics, Alabama A&M, April 24-25.
- Dr. Haiyang Chen, Professor of Finance, The Lewis College of Business, Marshall University, April 27-28.
- Dr. Timothy Vaughan, Interim Dean, UW-Eau Claire College of Business, May 1-2.
The anticipated start date for the new dean is July 1, 2017.
The Dean of the College of Business is the intellectual and administrative leader of the college, and the chief advocate for the mission and purpose of the college’s academic programs. The Dean reports to and works in consultation with the Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. The Dean promotes and facilitates the highest-quality in academic curriculum and academic support programs by fostering a positive and productive work environment, a spirit of collaborative leadership, and a commitment to inclusive excellence. View job description
The new business dean will replace Dean Diane Hoadley, who retired June 30, 2016.