Do you have a business idea you would like to develop?
Pitch your idea before a live audience and a panel of expert judges at the 2016 Swim with the Sharks Tournament, Thursday, October 13 at the RCU Corporate Center, 200 Riverfront Terrace. The action starts at 5:30 pm.
Joining UW-Eau Claire students in this year's Shark Tank are students from the Shri Ram College of Commerce at Delhi University.
A two-minute swim with the sharks could change the direction of your life. You don't need to have a fully developed business plan to pitch your idea and compete for prizes. Our sharks are friendly . . . the water's warm. . . refreshments will be served.
- Your pitch may be for a profit or non-profit start-up.
- Two-minute maximum (will be timed), followed by up to 3 minutes of Q & A.
- Pitch as you would to potential investors.
- Use visuals (slides, etc.) or props (product models, etc.) if you wish.
Your pitch should include:
- An introduction of yourself, cofounder/s.
- An ask--what do you want--meeting, mentoring, funding.
- Product/service info
- Description of the problem you are solving or the opportunity you are creating
- Identification of people--your target audience
- Profitability expectations (including scalability).