Eighteen business students were initiated into the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire chapter of Beta Gamma Sigma (BGS), the honor society serving business programs accredited by AACSB International—The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. The annual initiation was held Saturday, April 18 at 3 pm in Schneider Hall Room 203.
The initiation was conducted by BGS co-advisers Dr. Kristy Lauver, associate professor of management and Dr. Sydney Chinchanachokchai, assistant professor of marketing, and the BGS officers. College of Business Dean Diane Hoadley also attended the event.
Mark Alfuth, finance lecturer in the Department of Accounting and Finance, was recognized as the 2015 Beta Gamma Sigma Outstanding professor.
Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma is the highest honor bestowed upon business students at institutions accredited by AACSB International. Students are invited to join the organization by their business school faculty. To be eligible for invitation, undergraduate and graduate students must be in the upper 10 percent of the junior or senior class, or upper 20 percent of their MBA class.
Established in 1913, Beta Gamma Sigma has over 525 collegiate chapters, and has inducted more than 725,000 students into its membership. Members currently reside in all 50 U.S. states and more than 160 countries around the world.
To learn more about Beta Gamma Sigma, view its website at https://www.betagammasigma.org/
Congratulations to the following 2015 Beta Gamma Sigma Initiates
- Derek Bassett, an MBA student from Eau Claire, WI
- Brandon Boogren, junior marketing major from Hastings MN
- Kelly Marie Brey, a junior accounting major from Appleton,WI
- David Delvaux, Jr, a senior marketing major from Green Bay, WI
- Cathrine DeMars, an MBA student from Oronoco, MN
- Katelyn Fehrenbach, a junior accounting major from Green Bay, WI
- Aaron J. Hahn, a senior operations/materials management major from Mosinee, WI
- Vanessa Kane, a senior accounting major from Cornell, WI
- Anthony Karl, a senior accounting major from Green Bay, WI
- Ronda Knutson, an MBA graduate from Osceola, WI
- Jacob Meihsner, a junior accounting and finance double major from Manitowoc, WI
- Noreen Metz, a junior operations/materials management major from Medford, WI
- Jaimee Moran, a senior health care administration major from Platteville, WI
- Julia Nummelin, an entrepreneur management graduate from Stevens Point, WI
- Katherine Pauluk, an MBA student from Eau Claire, WI
- Amy Rosen, an MBA student from Eau Claire, WI
- Sara Schnelle, a senior accounting major from Middleton, WI
- Shelby Sonnentag, a junior accounting major from Stanley, WI.