The Zeta Omicron Chapter of Beta Alpha Psi held its Fall 2017 Recognition Ceremony, Friday, Dec. 1 from 2-3:30 pm in the UW-Eau Claire Davies Center Centennial Room. Honor stoles were presented to seven graduating seniors by DeeAnne Peterson, BAP faculty adviser, and Lauren Pawlowski, Zeta Omicron chapter vice president.
Congratulations to the following graduating seniors:
- Julie Eberle, an IS major from Lone Rock, WI
- Katelyn Fehrenback, an accounting major from Green Bay, WI
- McKenna Hansen, an accounting major from Owatonna, MN
- Alexander Miller, a finance major from Frederic, WI
- Isaac Mousel, an accounting major from Eau Claire, WI
- Anika Reinighaus, an accounting major from Bloomington, MN
- Shawna Stranathan. an accounting major from Ballwin, MO.
BAP promotes the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems, provides opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encourages a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility. Founded in 1919, the honor society has over 300 campus chapters with over 300,000 members.
For more information about BAP contact DeeAnne Peterson, faculty advisor, UW-Eau Claire Department of Accounting & Finance.
Jin receives department honors
Junji Jin, a finance and business economics major from China, was recognized by Dr. Raj Aroskar, chair of the Department of Accounting and Finance, at the December 1 event for graduating with department honors.
To graduate with department honors, an accounting or finance student must have resident, overall, and major GPAs of 3.50 or higher. In addition, he or she must have successfully competed at least two of the following activities: completed an internship, collaborative research project, conference presentation, community service project, publication of a paper in a peer-reviewed journal.