The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire College of Business Scholarship Committee will accept applications for the following scholarships starting Tuesday, March 3, 2015:
- Jennifer Alexander Memorial, 1 @ $900
- Helen B. Andersen Memorial, 1 @ $1,700 –NOTE: this scholarship has new criteria.
- Philip Breitman Memorial, 1 @ $8,750
- John C. Dennison Memorial, 1 @ $6,000
- Richard T. Gannon, 1 @ $1,300
- Craig A. Johnson Memorial, 1 @ $1,500
- Leinenkugel Brewing Co. COB Sophomore, 1 @ $800
- Leinenkugel Brewing Co. COB Junior/Senior, 1 @ $800
- Robert D. MacDonald Memorial, 1 @ $1,200
- Brad Olson Memorial, 1 @ $1,000
- Charles F. White Memorial, 1 @ $1,100
- Xcel Energy COB, 1 @ $2,000.
Paper applications are available outside the College of Business Dean's Office (Schneider 110) and the Center for Advising, Development and Enrichment (Schneider 119).
Scholarships are also offered through the Accounting & Finance Department, Business Communication Program, Health Care Administration Program, Information Systems Department, and Management & Marketing Department. Check with the department chair or academic program director for more information.
All scholarships are available through the UW-Eau Claire Foundation.
The application deadline is Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 4 pm. Students should submit their application packet in person to Faith Bogstad, COB dean assistant, in the College of Business Dean's Office (Schneider Hall 110). Students who are studying abroad or off-campus for the semester doing an internship may submit their application packet by email to her at email@example.com or by fax at (715) 836-4014.
Applications will be reviewed by the COB Scholarship Committee in April. Scholarship recipients will be announced prior to the end of the spring semester.
For more information, contact Gretchen Hutterli, Chair, COB Scholarship Committee.
Tips for Completing Your COB Scholarship Application
- Make sure you are eligible for the scholarship. Scholarship criteria, such as GPA, major, and number of credits, are determined by the donor and can be found on the scholarship application. Because it is the Scholarship Committee's job to honor the donor's request, we screen out every application that does not meet the criteria.
- Have a FAFSA on file if the scholarship requires it. A number of COB scholarships require the applicant to demonstrate financial need by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Detailed information can be found on the UW-Eau Claire Financial Aid Office website
- Customize your application material for each scholarship. If the scholarship is to be awarded to a student who demonstrates special talents, skills, or abilities, make sure your application highlights these abilities.
- Proofread your application. Check your application for typos, grammatical mistakes, incomplete sentences and other errors.
- Make sure your application is complete. Information required for a scholarship varies. Check the scholarship's Application Procedures to ensure that your application packet is complete. Applications missing information will not be reviewed.
- Meet the application deadline. Scholarships will not be accepted after the application deadline.
- Just ask us. If something isn't clear or you have a question, please ask us. Gretchen Hutterli, assistant dean, or Faith Bogstad, dean assistant, are happy to answer your questions.