Looking for an adventure over winter break?
Join UW-Eau Claire health care administration students and staff January 10-15, 2016 on an exploration of innovative health care providers in St. Louis, MO. Time has also been set aside to visit the St. Louis Gateway Arch and other sights found in this exciting metropolitan center located on the banks of the Mississippi.
Planned experiences include visits to the following health care facilities:
- Friendship Village, a Life Care Services property which will share its two continuum of care communities.
- Christian Homes of St. Louis, a facility that offers a full continuum of care, including CareLink, a new program that provides in home skilled nursing, nurse care coordination and supportive services to help individuals live safely in their own homes.
- Veteran Mental Health, a residential care facility that specializes in the mental health of veterans using the Eden Alternative Concept.
Additional opportunities will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks
Space is limited. We have space for 20 current HCAD and other students considering a major in health care administration. If more than 20 students apply, preference may be given to students with national ACHCA membership.
Price. Approximately $350 per person, which covers transportation, overnight accommodations and meals for the weeklong experience. Additional financial support for this program comes from gifts made to the UW-Eau Claire Center for Health Administration and Aging Services Excellence (CHAASE) by organizations, alumni, and other friends. We are grateful for their support which makes this experience affordable for our students.
Application deadline is 4 pm on Friday, November 13. Email applications to LaNette Flunker at email@example.com
Interested? Learn more by attending one of the following mandatory information sessions:
- Wednesday, November 4 at 12:00 noon in Schneider 316.
- Tuesday, November 10 at 5 pm in Schneider 312.
You must attend one of the meetings to have your application considered. If you know of someone who is considering the HCAD major, please invite them to attend.
Questions? Contact LaNette Flunker, UW-Eau Claire HCAD practicum and CHAASE coordinator at (715) 836-2088.